RCBS powder measure

I have an RCBS powder measure just the standard,my question is every 5 or six passes the load dispenced is way off ive taken it back & exchanged it once still the same.its got a powder baffle but Im wondering would there be any benefit from buying the comp micrometre for it or could it be the length of grain in my powder as when it throws bad it tends to stick on the stroke the powders I use are vhitavouri N133 N160 and hogdon 4831sc.has anyone else had the same trouble?and what was your course of action.dont want to change my powders as the reloads are to my satisfaction.almost forgot I use a drop tube on it aswellis it time for a new dispencer? cheers lads & lasses. trg

I have an RCBS powder measure just the standard,my question is every 5 or six passes the load dispenced is way off ive taken it back & exchanged it once still the same.its got a powder baffle but Im wondering would there be any benefit from buying the comp micrometre for it or could it be the length of grain in my powder as when it throws bad it tends to stick on the stroke the powders I use are vhitavouri N133 N160 and hogdon 4831sc.has anyone else had the same trouble?and what was your course of action.dont want to change my powders as the reloads are to my satisfaction.almost forgot I use a drop tube on it aswellis it time for a new dispencer? cheers lads & lasses. trg

The micrometer adjustment doesn't result in more accurate powder throwing, it just makes it easier to return to a previous setting (or close to it) because you can make a note of where it was last time. The only way to get really consistent charges is to throw them through the measure then but set it very slightly short then add the balance in with a powder trickler while it's in the pan of the scales.

J.

Hi:

Yep, previous reply right on the money, and reflects my experience, just throw a 'low but near miss' from your dispenser (mines a Lee so probably much 'worse' than your RCBS) then creep up the right amount on a decent

digital scale via a trickler.

I have an RCBS Range Master scale and an RCBS cast alluminium trickler.

Smoke em!!

AndyF

Hi:

Yep, previous reply right on the money, and reflects my experience, just throw a 'low but near miss' from your dispenser (mines a Lee so probably much 'worse' than your RCBS) then creep up the right amount on a decent

digital scale via a trickler.

I have an RCBS Range Master scale and an RCBS cast alluminium trickler.

Smoke em!!

AndyF

thanks for the replys andy & jon thats what I do when Im trying a new load say 25 loads,but being lazy and waiting till Ive a mountain to climb before I usually press it's mighty time consuming.at least the micrometre won't be going in the magic bean section of my accounts like so many other of my puchase's.not a bad measure just need to keep your wits about you. trg