cancelled mornings shooting

my shooting partner had one to many last night, so we cancelled our shooting trip, and I spent some time at essex guns, wanted some ear defenders, after having sold my hushpower and getting a semi, you certainly realise how quiter a hushpower is once shooting a normal shotgun, anyway Ive never been a lover of those plugs that insert into the ear, always end up with a headache, and the muff/plastic types seem too bulky, so I opted for a set of

NAPIER PRO9, these just seal the ear, they certainly feel more comfortable that plugs, and less bulky, so were see how they go

the other purchase, was a hand warmer, after a day out a couple of weeks back, when my fingers stopped working :icon_redface: and it took me forever to un zip a zip using only my thumbs, have had the charcoal type one's as a kid, and the gel type a few years back, so Ive opted for the "BOSTON" just testing it out now, its bloody warm/hot, gets my thumbs up

Get some of these stubby http://www.noisebreaker.co.uk/EMTEC%202007%20BROCHURE.pdf

I have some and I wished that I had bought some years ago, I can go to a clay shoot and stand and talk to people and when a gun goes off its just a whoosh noise nothing else. I know they are £70 but they are good.

When I go pheasant shooting or pigeon shooting you can still hear the wildlife and the sounds that keep you on edge but not the loud bang of the shot. Would not be without mine now. :thumbs:

Get some of these stubby http://www.noisebreaker.co.uk/EMTEC%202007%20BROCHURE.pdf

I have some and I wished that I had bought some years ago, I can go to a clay shoot and stand and talk to people and when a gun goes off its just a whoosh noise nothing else. I know they are £70 but they are good.

When I go pheasant shooting or pigeon shooting you can still hear the wildlife and the sounds that keep you on edge but not the loud bang of the shot. Would not be without mine now. :thumbs:

those are the type that give me earache, used to use very simular on the motorbike, they poured gunk into your ear at motorbike rallies for around £50

those are the type that give me earache, used to use very simular on the motorbike, they poured gunk into your ear at motorbike rallies for around £50

They sound like the car boot types. :hmm:

I had to go to Meadowhall and have a proper hearing test at a hearing centre before they would make them and they took 5 weeks to make.

boston warmer. best one i have ever had and i have had a few as i like the fishing as well. only down side is you have to spend the same money again on a 2nd one as your wife will steal it off you............like mine bl00dy does.

I only half fill it for a evenings shooting and then keep the fuel tin in the car just in case. good 1/2 hour to warm first before you put it in the case

:cheers: to warm hands

Phil

Stubby, on the PRO 9's I got myself a pair of these about a year ago having not got on with having something in my ear canal such as plugs nor did I get on with the ear defender style of protection. I ve used these in the field and at clay shoots and find they do the job perfectly. Very light, sit just in the entrance to the ear canal and they fold up nicely into an old glasses case to protect them, Amazingly simple! Why pay more?

Roly