French War Heroe's

Short history lesson. For the narrow minded :icon_redface:

How many do you know I'll start you off !

Vercingetorix Defeated Julius Ceasar

William, Duke of Normandy Harold King of England

Louis-Nicolas Davout Prussian Army 3-1

Francois Joseph Paul, Marquis De Grasse British Navy

Marechal Tassigny WW2 /Vietnam

Marechal Leclerc WW2

Loads more ! Two very easy ones one short and one female ?

Only on here as the original post was removed Don't know Why ?

Sorry bud first one wrong Julius Ceasar beat Vercingetorix and his Gual army of 300.000

with just 50.000 men

Harold had walked his men 200 miles to defeat the vikings at Stamford Bridge, then 200 back to take on William, so I think it's fair to say they were a touch tired.

Even then the English only lost because they broke their shield wall to chase the French cavalry who were beginning a long history of successful retreating. :clapper:

Harold had walked his men 200 miles to defeat the vikings at Stamford Bridge, then 200 back to take on William, so I think it's fair to say they were a touch tired.

Even then the English only lost because they broke their shield wall to chase the French cavalry who were beginning a long history of successful retreating. :clapper:

Alternative History suggests that if Harold had taken on the French Army of William first, as he could easily have done, he would have beaten them and then gone on to beat the Viking army. In any case, the Vikings had more claim to the Kingship of England than the French invaders. Sadly, the Frogs won.

Famous last words: Harold said to his men "keep an eye on those French archers." Whoops.

Interesting topic, though please can you correct the apostrophe in the title - should be heroes, since it's a plural, not a possessive.

You are correct Mr Logic but it was of another post not by me.

Sorry bud first one wrong Julius Ceasar beat Vercingetorix and his Gual army of 300.000

with just 50.000 men

Hi Catcher 1 Battle of Gergovia

46 Centurions 700 legenares dead 6000 wounded

Ceasar won at Alesia later

Edited by coldweld