locater

bellman and flint.

SO YOU HAVE EXTENSIVE USE OF BOTH LOCATING SYSTEMS? WHAT WOULD YOU SAY IN YOUR OPINION MAKES THE BELLMAN STANDOUT FROM THE ORTOVOX SYSTEM? IS IT SPEED OF LOCATION? ACCURACY? EASE OF USE? SIZE? ROBUSTNESS? ETC, ETC I'M CURIOUS ABOUT YOUR OPINONS AS TO WHY THE BELLMAN IS SUPERIOUR?

Edited by Hepher

i've heard someone say that the best set up is b&f locator matched up to ortovox collar, cant say if this is correct or not.

i use the b&f set up, its really good compared with the old deben, its good size,easy to use, gives accurate readings 99% of time, its been off on me once, but off by only around 1 foot to the side, its easy enough on batteries, but expensive to buy at start. 330 new, but if you have a good terrier its a small price to pay. and should last for years.

never used the ortovox system, it may be better or worse, b&f seem to be the more popular choice, hope i covered all bases and protected myself from rants :whistling::whistling:

merry crimbo

bellman and flint.

SO YOU HAVE EXTENSIVE USE OF BOTH LOCATING SYSTEMS? WHAT WOULD YOU SAY IN YOUR OPINION MAKES THE BELLMAN STANDOUT FROM THE ORTOVOX SYSTEM? IS IT SPEED OF LOCATION? ACCURACY? EASE OF USE? SIZE? ROBUSTNESS? ETC, ETC I'M CURIOUS ABOUT YOUR OPINONS AS TO WHY THE BELLMAN IS SUPERIOUR?

jaysus boss go easy on the caps lock there and calm down a bit :thumbs:

bellman and flint.

jaysus boss go easy on the caps lock there and calm down a bit :thumbs:

ive used a b&f for a couple of years now and the collar broke 1.but heard a few people with the same problem atb .i.t.t.d

We use both systems and both are really good and strong stuff.

Precision is about the same, not much difference.

I personnaly like the ortovox transmitter on/off system easier and safer than the b&f , but the b&f collar is probably safer in the end, as during the last dig with orto system the scratch opened and the unit was detached from the collar (I use the collar from “strong stuffâ€), I will make it safer from now on with Scotch tape.

Transceiver ortovox D3 and B&f unit are about similar stuff, but the D3 is probably stronger than the b&f concerning one more time the on/off switch and the screen (one year ago we broke the b&f screen because of a rock).

Hope it helps.

IS, Sylvain

we have 3 d3 in our group and i bought the new b&f

and by far it is better as the 3of the d3 had to be

sent back with faulty on/off switches

and they think the b&f is far better

worth the extra few pound whats your dog worth to ya??

Guest AngelicAcid

What was designed for what and who in mind?

Heard the orto and pulse are far superior, but i would stick to the bellman, but would like to see the orto work as well.

Each to their own, the foreign lads do a hell of a lot of work with theirs by the looks of things.

Got the barryvox pulse kit off bryan froM this site for christmas. Been out for three days with my brother since then accounting for 4 foxes. I find it a great bit of kit (so far, cant really give an acurate judgement after just 4 days). The locator is far superior to bellman an flints,TECHNOLOGY WISE, and a much more rugged box / coller combination (in my opinion, no doubt someone will disagree).

The location is faster, and more sensitive to movement. (when i used the bellman, you turned it on when you entered the dog, so it had time to adjust. Whereas with the barryvox you turn it on once the dox has met its quarry and location is very swift.

Only complaint the direction arrow on the box is not the most acurate, and i go with the numbers instead of the arrow. If anyone has any advice on how to make the arrow more acurate, i would appreciate it.

Apart from that i would reccomend it over the bellman and flint to anyone, im not saying its a bad box, just the barryvox is better, plus it is actually cheaper, not that it really matters.

Cheers FTB.