plummer terrier

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That has to be the best looking plummer dog I've ever seen on here "fireman" or anywere Come to mention it. I must confess to not knowing a lot about the breed mate but that one looks on another leve

Obviuiosly you dont spend enough time with your dogs, cleansapde I do, and have proven this statemnt before to those of your ilk, secondly get that chip of your shoulder about your mismarked terriers

Quote"I'm sure Brian wouldn't be amused by or take part in petty PERSONAL squabbles on a PUBLIC forum-he was a grown man"   Yes i thought you were not ever there when Bri had his "public dos" the mo

Posted Images

I never understand these Plummer threads and the associated bitching that goes with them....I would love to know what its all about....

ive often wondered why ms Darcy.............i dont understand folks problem with the breed, great little breed of terrier,just the mention of them on here seems to get peoples backs up,usually people that have no 1st hand experience of them aswell.i just cant get my head round all the negativity.

I never understand these Plummer threads and the associated bitching that goes with them....I would love to know what its all about....

ive often wondered why ms Darcy.............i dont understand folks problem with the breed, great little breed of terrier,just the mention of them on here seems to get peoples backs up,usually people that have no 1st hand experience of them aswell.i just cant get my head round all the negativity.

Yes its quite sad really. There are some who could start an argument in an empty room-both within the breed and outside of it! :wallbash:

Not getting into another row about plummers but most owners keep their dogs till death and don't breed until something better comes out then get rid,progression for the breed?.Yes in a way but at what cost to the dogs who've been used and are then unwanted rejects as there's better about in the breeders kennels?.Not all lads either have enough space to kennel a number of dogs so have to use what they have so maybe they are still breeding dogs with faults but then has a fault free plummer ever been born in any kennels?.As for plummers russells thats what he called them and wasn't it others like yourself that called them plummer terriers?,i may be wrong but i'm sure i heard you call scamp a russell bred dog once and he's made a impact on your kennels so really no space to discredit any kennels about purity of their plummers which are as we all know a mix of all sorts of terriers so they all are mongrels that just breed true to type nothing more no matter how you put it.I now have my head down for incoming flack. :headshot::.

Steve

Faults free depends on what you call fault.

Plummers were named Plummers by the breed founder hence the breed was named Plummer. I didnt invent the word Plummer terrier for the breed.

I use the word plummer russles in this context to illustrate that back then they were and in some cases still are heavily linebred to other breeds.

Scamp who you talk about for instance has I belive a Jack R Called (Oscar) in his blood on his 4th generation making Scamp 6.4% jack. However the breeder would dispute this and i certainly cant proove it.

However Scamp was also 26% rollo a halfbred jack that was bred by alan thomas some 30 odd years ago..hence the word heavily linebred to jacks.

M<y shire mare is a purebred pedigree animal of upteen generations but was linebred to clydsdales so her clydlsdales influnce is shown in the phneotype.

Some plummers are the same linebred to the fox terier blooded stuff from stormyboys doe'snt make them mongrols ...But means they need to coem back to the "homestrain" to get back on course to the standard.

Its down to manipulation of genes in a "closed" genepool..some breeders cant so outcross (usulay becasue they have limited themesleves by severing ties with the main breeders eg Brian plummer and the pta soemtime ago).....some breeders like me can and my terriers have bred true for sometime and ahve not been outcrossed at all

Edited by AMADORE

And this is why these are the last Plummers I own and I belong to no clubs and this is why so many over the years have left the breed.

Yes the breed and its clubs do tend to wean out the those they think will dmaage the breed .Is that a bad thing for the breed ..nope? I prefer dedication and dont give up so easily..at the first hurdle. We dont allow the breed to change due to pressure from others who think they know better by breeding wrongs to wrongs,which never make a right. Your a king fu lad you shuold realise that conformation comes first youd look well going into a kung fu fight with a dislocated hip !

Like i say Glen no rows and if i don't ask i don't know sort of thing,what % of russell does that make scamp then and please correct me if i'm wrong(i'm sure you will :laugh: )but any % of another breed does make a dog a mongrel and like i say there just a true to type breeding mongrel,no discredit to the type just how it is.Also whats the homestrain as you put it?.As for also the breed clubs etc i the same as others aren't leaving the breed because we were thought of as doing wrong it's just most of us are sick of the closed shop attitude and the blowing smoke up their own arses attitude most club,society's have.The lack of members on all the plummer forums or the members leaving or not posting on them surely shows this,will the forum adims take any notice?,i doubt it very much :wallbash: .

Like i say Glen no rows and if i don't ask i don't know sort of thing,what % of russell does that make scamp then and please correct me if i'm wrong(i'm sure you will :laugh: )but any % of another breed does make a dog a mongrel and like i say there just a true to type breeding mongrel,no discredit to the type just how it is.Also whats the home strain as you put it?.As for also the breed clubs etc i the same as others aren't leaving the breed because we were thought of as doing wrong it's just most of us are sick of the closed shop attitude and the blowing smoke up their own arses attitude most club,society's have.The lack of members on all the plummer forums or the members leaving or not posting on them surely shows this,will the forum adims take any notice?,i doubt it very much :wallbash: .

Yes I really do laugh as its these uneducted statements that crack me up lol..true to type breeding mongrol says..one of the best contradictary statements ever made in the history of dribble on forums :clapper: steve I suggest you pack the daft baiting in while you "think" your ahead. :icon_redface:

Definitions of...

Mongrel.

Mongrel of "mixed" ancestry/of mixed kind or uncertain origin.

( I'm more certain of scamps origin than I am yours or my own actully!)So your wrong they and scamp are not momngrols and also ....

Crossbred

Produced by breeding from "two" breeds. These are F1's . many of which Plummer used in the beginning F1's of different "breeds" ..composites. This was many generations ago in some lines and not so in others .

Breed

A breed is a group of domestic animals with a homogeneous (big word meaning "look same" to you steve ) appearance, behavior, and other characteristics that distinguish it from other animals ...PROPER PLUMMERS ARE MARKED CORRECTLY AND WITH MORE CHARCTERSITCS BE THAT PHYSICAL OR MENTAL OF THE HOMESTRAIN THAN OTHERS.

A breed is a group of domestic animals when breed together breed the same characteristics of its ancestors.We also add ..that there should realy be no hint or very few hints of the "other breeds" that made the Plummer.So dogs with more fox terrier influnce or bull terrier influnce are therefore not breeding true to the "breed". Defined by the "standard"

So scamp though linebred to other breeds bred true to the genes of the Plummer terrier therefore is not a jack russell whatever amount of the said blood he has of a JR.

"Homestrain" term used to describe the dogs that breed true in a breeding programmes eg wyremead cerbys line.Wyremead bred dogs work well and breed true enough for me to the desired standard and have the qualities that other lines dont.

Infact if I had a mind I could manipulte the physical appreance within 2 generations inject prick ears and some ressives and call them wyremead terriers but i prefeer to remain a big fish in a tiny tiny pool! :clapper::big_boss:

Opposite to homozygouse is the term "hetrozygouse" they usualy have more outside influnced genes eg bull blooded stuff we see today from legion or fox terrier stuff or fell terrier stuff.

Without giving away to much ..I have my own "homestrain" and bring in "outside lines with wyremead blood" eg brimar casper linebred to wyremead belle but having "other lines blood" they generaly then breed in the desired qulaities are wyremead bred and yet have enough outside blood to reduce inherited problems.

However such dabblings with other blood is fraut with danger as most terrier breeders as DBP said "rarely keep acurate records" ( try asking Nuttal for a wriiten pedigree). Though he will have it wrtiitn down somewhere!!!!

Which brings me to breed clubs..you are not a member so you dont get the info if you were and asked then you will receive.

But it must be said that the small pond within which I the one eyed fish swim has some (many) sharks who betray the honesty of the likes of me who offer and proffer help.

They know who they are . My words have been cut and pasted or rehashed into many forums and magazines with no credit given to the "time served" . These are those men and lasses that then eventulay implode (legion) or are found out for there foolishness ..that list is endless and infact the PTA has more than its fare share.

To finish I suggest that you are suffering from a disorder, as you seem hell bent on calling the very breed of dogs you own! or did own show and work. There is a genetic meaning that "Fraud" had for this i dont know what he called it but i belive you maybe suffering from an inferioty complex. Chin up steve lifes not so bad.

PSS

BBB :doh::feck:

Who's baiting glen?,reread what i said"if i don't ask i won't know" but as usaul you just have to talk to folks like a c*nt and be the big i am.Not even you can put your life on your own dogs peds being totaly true so don't start the wyremead's the most traceable and best bit and i'd suggest getting a spell checker as some of your big words you can't spell,saying that i've seen a ped that you wrote with more than one spelling mistake so reliable they ain't either.Breed clubs with the likes of you,sue and the jones in charge,peas in pods pal and your all as bad as each other.So no don't want to be and never will be involved in any of them and as for one eyed fish??,well your certainly something with one eye :whistling: .Finaly to you where have i ever called the breed? and for the record i still own and work my plummers but the one with your blood flowing through it ain't in the same league as the other one :no: .You bleating for credit on time served says it all,so very sad for a grown man to have to ask :laugh: .Now get back on your own forum and tell them all how great you were on here and don't forget to ask for a pat on the back,all 20 odd of them :doh::laugh::laugh: .

Who's baiting glen?,reread what i said"if i don't ask i won't know" but as usaul you just have to talk to folks like a c*nt and be the big i am.Not even you can put your life on your own dogs peds being totaly true so don't start the wyremead's the most traceable and best bit and i'd suggest getting a spell checker as some of your big words you can't spell,saying that i've seen a ped that you wrote with more than one spelling mistake so reliable they ain't either.Breed clubs with the likes of you,sue and the jones in charge,peas in pods pal and your all as bad as each other.So no don't want to be and never will be involved in any of them and as for one eyed fish??,well your certainly something with one eye :whistling: .Finaly to you where have i ever called the breed? and for the record i still own and work my plummers but the one with your blood flowing through it ain't in the same league as the other one :no: .You bleating for credit on time served says it all,so very sad for a grown man to have to ask :laugh: .Now get back on your own forum and tell them all how great you were on here and don't forget to ask for a pat on the back,all 20 odd of them :doh::laugh::laugh: .

Spellings lol..its not what you do its the way that you do it! and thats what gets results as bananramamaa ding dan do said.

Wordzs phail me too Bill....proovvinngg tat thee breed aint not a mongol (AS YOU SEEM TO KEEP SAYING STEVE WHICH IN ANYONES EYES ESEPCILY A DEDICATED PLUMMER MAN IS ONE OF THE HIGHEST INSULTS )...... seemsss 2 ave upset u Steve .

Or was it the true words, pionting out your contradiction.

Surely im not the only one here who can see that you call ( MANY TIMES ) the breed a "true breeding mongrol" (I SUGGEST specsavers again ) As you can see im pasionate about my own breed and know it inside out .

And in true Steve H fashion u've shown your true colours on OUR forum,to see below. (it will be a pleasure banning you as we dont want the like of this silly propganda of yours .)

Quote..Steve h. You realy don't have to talk to me like that glen (thl) so another member of here is gone and if you ever spoke to me like to my face i'd slap you like the bitch you are,so say what you want on here to save face i won't be back to answer.Just delete my membership and hope they blow enough smoke up your arse to keep you happy prick

blah blah blah (get in the que) ..why is that steve ..You have sat in my house with your old mates (that now reject you) and eat and drink to your fill and then decide you dont like the truth so decide to call 20m years worth of dedication mongrols...yea right ok steve your right!

Infact like I said the bit you misred of mine...I can trace Scamps pedigree further than my own pedigree(aparently im a sulivan not a welsby) .

But wyremead dogs due to putting the research in for the history books :boogie: I find I can go back now more then 32 generations but i can't hand on heart say that brian plummers bit is correct, anything before 1994 that is and do have the most traceable register for the breed seeing as they all stem from mine built pre 1994 and pre pTA .This dont make wyremead dogs the best earth dogs or the best conformed but does make them the most traceable! :toast: they just happed to be successfull.

You say the dog you own without wyremead blood is the better well Ii can 100% garuntee if it is a plummer i will have given advsie over many of its ancesters breedings as one time over most peolpe listend when they ask but some like you and others dont then wonder why they fail to breed proper plummers.So you can thank me later for that .. :big_boss:

Now are they mongrols or not Steve.?

Whippet mike thanks for the pm glad i could be of help,just look what you have started....if you dont get the results come back and we wil find you a stud. This thread seems to have run its course,,,and prooved a few things that i was right about all along.

I thank you!all the best for 2010 modys for letting me voice my opinion.

Those "mates" as you put it,are they the ones who you passed on dogs to which kept them in sh*t conditions and ended up getting nicked for?(most know about boadicea) and as for rejecting it's me who has feck all to do with people like that,wonder why there's plenty of folks who'd slap you glen(them inclueded as they told me):hmm:.Have your say and keep blowing that smoke up yourself,now go take some more fishing rods off of kids on your river and brag about it :thumbdown: (like you did when i was sat in your house)and be the big i am in your own little world oh great one :notworthy:.Prick. :thumbs:

Those "mates" as you put it,are they the ones who you passed on dogs to which kept them in sh*t conditions and ended up getting nicked for?(most know about boadicea) and as for rejecting it's me who has feck all to do with people like that,wonder why there's plenty of folks who'd slap you glen(them inclueded as they told me):hmm:.Have your say and keep blowing that smoke up yourself,now go take some more fishing rods off of kids on your river and brag about it :thumbdown: (like you did when i was sat in your house)and be the big i am in your own little world oh great one :notworthy:.Prick. :thumbs:

Boadicea well..... never been to his kennels his dogs were super fit condition better than mine when i saw them at shows with you tagging along with them.

I will never let Boadicea have one of my dogs again.

Shame I learnt the hard way,. trusting your ilk.

4 got to say your mates wife Mr smith put a curse on me :clapper: like all those traveling country folks you seem to like to be with , and the types that like you say feel free to theif out of my river. Ive had 52 logged calls to the police 1 arrest and they werent kids they were naughties and like you all of those 52 would like to slap me...but do they ever nope. :big_boss:

Now Steve get back to the subject. is the plummer terrier a breed or a as you say a "true breeding mongrol" (like all thoroughbred racehourses are true breeding donkeys :clapper: )..come on try and concentrate and answer the question. :clapper::big_boss:

When you engage your brain your public humilation will cease theres no need for the pain to contiune..mongrol or breed .True breeding or not? What is it Steve. :boxing: