plummer terrier

Hiya Glenn.Well 1st thing Tangle is dead and the reason he went for the judge was that the judge was bouncing dogs by their tails,and the judge upset a fair few dogs on the day.As for Coalville stuff they work belong ground and give there all.I've got three and have no compliats.As for all the componets of various Plummers that have a certain coat or a thin chest etc, that is not really of interest on a working site.Half the stuff you said I have'nt got a clue about.Most lads on this site are just interested about dogs working.all this talk about confirmation is of interest to those only who breed to win shows with KC judges.

As for Cerby I liked the old boy,and I saw him work.

I know tngle is dead.But dispute your claims about the judge, he didnt like me when i tried to span him he growled at me mate! :boogie:

Coalville Billy (colaville main stud besides cerby!) over 7 f1's in his 5th genertaion therefore bred to old working dogs (russell and fells )that plummer used To brered his type of russell.

Coalville bred stuff 90% were a mixture of Billy cross Penny (fell blooded to) No wonder they work and no wonder they throw faults.

Conformation should be of interest to all those who breed livestock esepcily working livestock ..you cant work cripples..and there are many in the terrier world including plummers.

I breed plummers they have to be marked right otherwise they are just working terriers...and are mistaken for jacks.

Plummers look like those above and will work given the chance. Its those that dont who rush that have problems. The majority will work to ground well ...and my own stock to scot !

As for a working terrier site ...balderdash my good man..balderdash i went to the south lakes fell and moorland show where there was hundreds of terriers and saw bloody huindreds of none working dogs!...half of which the muppet owners log onto this site!..

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That has to be the best looking plummer dog I've ever seen on here "fireman" or anywere Come to mention it. I must confess to not knowing a lot about the breed mate but that one looks on another leve

Obviuiosly you dont spend enough time with your dogs, cleansapde I do, and have proven this statemnt before to those of your ilk, secondly get that chip of your shoulder about your mismarked terriers

Quote"I'm sure Brian wouldn't be amused by or take part in petty PERSONAL squabbles on a PUBLIC forum-he was a grown man"   Yes i thought you were not ever there when Bri had his "public dos" the mo

Posted Images

if i wanted to find earth work for them and spend time entering the, then they would work fox well.

thats a very nieve statement and says a lot to me. i know lads with good unbroken lines of proven earthdogs that arnt that confident. and they wouldnt dream of breeding for coat or colour. as for you sitting in your ivory tower whilst lesser mortals do the footwork. :icon_eek: . i'm with BBB. your on the wrong forum :thumbdown: although good luck with the wyremead publicity machine. its rolling along nicely :toast:

Obviuiosly you dont spend enough time with your dogs, cleansapde I do, and have proven this statemnt before to those of your ilk, secondly get that chip of your shoulder about your mismarked terriers. I suggest using a caped dog that way you will get a proper Plummer instead of those you keep showing us that looksl like a whippet!

PS spadey my stud fees are free come and try a proper one :boxing::tongue2::big_boss:

pps

As for BBB you too would make good babies they work and sware and spit and shout .

• Like 1

Not getting into another row about plummers but most owners keep their dogs till death and don't breed until something better comes out then get rid,progression for the breed?.Yes in a way but at what cost to the dogs who've been used and are then unwanted rejects as there's better about in the breeders kennels?.Not all lads either have enough space to kennel a number of dogs so have to use what they have so maybe they are still breeding dogs with faults but then has a fault free plummer ever been born in any kennels?.As for plummers russells thats what he called them and wasn't it others like yourself that called them plummer terriers?,i may be wrong but i'm sure i heard you call scamp a russell bred dog once and he's made a impact on your kennels so really no space to discredit any kennels about purity of their plummers which are as we all know a mix of all sorts of terriers so they all are mongrels that just breed true to type nothing more no matter how you put it.I now have my head down for incoming flack. :headshot::.

if i wanted to find earth work for them and spend time entering the, then they would work fox well.

thats a very nieve statement and says a lot to me. i know lads with good unbroken lines of proven earthdogs that arnt that confident. and they wouldnt dream of breeding for coat or colour. as for you sitting in your ivory tower whilst lesser mortals do the footwork. :icon_eek: . i'm with BBB. your on the wrong forum :thumbdown: although good luck with the wyremead publicity machine. its rolling along nicely :toast:

Obviuiosly you dont spend enough time with your dogs, cleansapde I do, and have proven this statemnt before to those of your ilk, secondly get that chip of your shoulder about your mismarked terriers. I suggest using a caped dog that way you will get a proper Plummer instead of those you keep showing us that looksl like a whippet!

PS spadey my stud fees are free come and try a proper one :boxing::tongue2::big_boss:

pps

As for BBB you too would make good babies they work and sware and spit and shout .

those of my ilk :laugh::laugh: , and its swear. :kiss: have a good new year.

:clapper:

Infinity Bill aka Bilbo is doin ok so far...tomorrow i am hoping to make some enquiries at the meet, and possibly get him along to watch some lads work their dogs to ground. the closest farms are only 5 or 6 miles away so always a chance to get involved. he is still a bit young but not too young to go along and see what's happenning and knowing him he will want to be in the thick of it.

i was also at the fell and moorland and was surprised when the entered class was called that only 7 or 8 [i cant remember exactly now] went in the ring, one of which was a plummer - considering the sheer number of terriers at a working club doo.

i know a lot of the top working lads dont get to the doo's which is a shame as that is where they can pass on their knowledge to like minded folk...'trust' in terrier work of any kind seems to be lacking at the moment!

this seems to be where the distinction comes in with working dogs...some people dont mind if it is a cross breed, and each to their own - there isnt anything wrong with that, but some want to work a particular breed, in my case the plummer. as cleanspade has said it is a challenge, and one i hope to conquer!! yes we should breed to work but also to keep the standard of the breed, otherwise we will all end up with runty looking dogs!! [sorry couldnt think of a better word], a real mishmash of breeds. But like i said with the purely working, there isnt anything wrong with that either.... as long as the dogs chosen to keep the standard work as well....after all as has been said on many posts its poor owners that produce poor dogs out of potential good stock! its one thing i remember the old terrier men saying when i was in my early teens and getting into hunting - and it still stands true now and will probably in 100 years time.

Happy New Year [especially to all Plummer owners :thumbs: lol]