plummer terrier

What the feck?you had the odacitty to say on an earth dog thread about standard's of working terrier's being to high and you keep plummer's?speak's volume's.no wonder genuine digger's get anoid with people that post on digging topic's about 100% earth dog's and they keep rabbiter's/ratter,s(the game's fecked)and thank's to people like you.

the games fecked becouse of the new laws that dont make it impossible but make it difficult for us to get out and work our dogs :thumbs: before i got my plummers ive kept and worked russells patts borders fells and crosses of the above. i have never been a big numbers man but got enough to keep my dogs busy consisently year in year out for nigh on thirty years. i still have a good russell. but my plummers are a challange for me which i am enjoying. do you keep patts by any chance?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That has to be the best looking plummer dog I've ever seen on here "fireman" or anywere Come to mention it. I must confess to not knowing a lot about the breed mate but that one looks on another leve

Obviuiosly you dont spend enough time with your dogs, cleansapde I do, and have proven this statemnt before to those of your ilk, secondly get that chip of your shoulder about your mismarked terriers

Quote"I'm sure Brian wouldn't be amused by or take part in petty PERSONAL squabbles on a PUBLIC forum-he was a grown man"   Yes i thought you were not ever there when Bri had his "public dos" the mo

Posted Images

What the feck?you had the odacitty to say on an earth dog thread about standard's of working terrier's being to high and you keep plummer's?speak's volume's.no wonder genuine digger's get anoid with people that post on digging topic's about 100% earth dog's and they keep rabbiter's/ratter,s(the game's fecked)and thank's to people like you.

the games fecked becouse of the new laws that dont make it impossible but make it difficult for us to get out and work our dogs :thumbs: before i got my plummers ive kept and worked russells patts borders fells and crosses of the above. i have never been a big numbers man but got enough to keep my dogs busy consisently year in year out for nigh on thirty years. i still have a good russell. but my plummers are a challange for me which i am enjoying. do you keep patts by any chance?

YOUR A PUSSY I WILL DIG ANYWERE NOW GO RATTIN WITH YOUR PLUMBERS AN DONT BE LATE FOR DINNER

wish folk would who dont like plummer would butt out and go whinge about sommit else..(like tinting thier white knickers pink in the wash or sommit else a little more feminine).

Terrie..couldnt tell you about the better stock, i have a wyremead (sam and tanner),i bought him specifically for ratting as thats what i enjoy the most,and the dog hasnt let me down yet,he was a yappy little git,had an obsession with sticks and got too preoccupied to start with..we have to work hard for our ratting down here in the s/west,we dont have bumper days to train our dogs on,we have to mooch and mooch hard, in my humble opinion (im a novice)this is a better way to get your dogs working, more of a challenge,more excitement and more rewards....its not about the numbers for me, its about keeping the dog busy,watching him learn and enjoying the day out.....i have no need to get him amongst 200 rats in a chicken farm just to prove my cock is bigger than the next guys.......plummers are a great breed, extremely loyal,hard working and keen to learn.....i enjoy learning too as although ive been rattin on and off for donkeys yrs,im new to having my own rattin dog and working it on my own..........this is the very reason i have joined this forum..there are some very helpful folk on here, but unfortunately there are too many whingers and moaners who got sod all better to do than moan about others.....maybe they should become politicians as they are all full of shite and no one gives a toss what they're babblin on about anyway.

enjoy plummer for what it is..........and make it what u wish.

YOUR A PUSSY I WILL DIG ANYWERE NOW GO RATTIN WITH YOUR PLUMBERS AN DONT BE LATE FOR DINNER

yea i can see that with your posts and topics. CRACK ON :thumbs:

I have been looking at a photo in plummers first book that he wrote the jack russell terrier its training and entering and theirs a pic of some rough coated russels owned by ray and john derry descended from his old dog san are these the dogs the present day dogs came off ??atb dell

i'm not here to fall out wit no one flatcap or anyone else!. and my bitch is a proven bitch to me! she has bolted time after time and hasn't got a mark on her this diggin lark go on i'v dug i'v dug i'v dug so i'v I! i sit back and watch her do her stuff to me she is clever in many ways which is what i love about her she has working parents a jack x pat so i'm looking to put something else into her that why i'm looking for a working plummer i don't do much if any earth work now i mainly do ferreting and have a terrier to knock rabbits out the ruff for my longdogs this is my enjoyment this is my passion i'm here to improve my dogs and i think a plummer across my bitch is my best option(i think) i like them horses for courses

atb mike

really thinkin of jackin this site.

some people sit on here with blinkers on

The old wyremead stuff was okay,but wyremead stuff does'nt get worked and neither does Legion.Well not earthwork wise.FACT.Not by there respective breeders anyway.

Scot (oyma) if you think tangle had a good head then you need to play catch up with my stuff now.

Cerby didn't have a masculine head, and few of his offspring were any better except for Sirius a caped grandson I bred .

a-3.jpg

But as for earth work I don't dig to my terriers unless I have to, and that's usually because i have made mistake to let them go to ground .

When I run my pack (6)professionaly everyday the last thing i want is a train of terriers inline down an earth. But they do work and work everyday infcat more than most Plummer terriers ever do.

Its true id rather let the others prove my Wyremead dogs and take the associated legal risks.

I must say Cerbys line if which i have the sixth generation Tuco (seen on the right here (age 12months next to Sam a cerby grandaughter) have yet to let the wyremead kennels down samtuco.jpg

In fact one of his ggggrandsons Ransum less than 14 inch and weighing 23lb when fit see below was recently lost to ground in wales,twice on exercise

rany.jpg

and his son tylos (left below with dam) is in ireland working.

talosxjanus.jpg

So id repute your remarks and say your wrong "my boy" as plum would say.

Most of the make the grade but not all, as in all breeds.

However my money bck on any failures. :thumbs:

Thank you for the reply as i was interested to see if of what "line" people prefer i know that plummers are a touchy subject and its a shame really. As there are good & bad in every breed its just that the bad ones or less try'd ones get tar'd with the brush that they are not capable.I however think that there are a few around that are more than capable :yes:

saxon sassy has done a little earthwork. legally protecting birds and stock. nothing special but able enough

post-2078-126220941329_thumb.jpg

dont work em to ground anymore but some are more than capable of doing a job. and some wont be. a lot will depend on there owners :thumbs: and of course there breeding sassy is an outcross bitch