plummer terrier

If you want all that and dont want to make money from the working breed then buy a black dog anything but a plummer.

not to affend but all working dogs come from cross breeding and as i said earlyer i read alot i'l ask you a question BBB do you know what blood runs through them veins of them patterdale terrier them original fell terriers from patterdale? can you tell me?

regards mike

you still researching BBB lmao you want a clue?

a clue sometime they throw a chocalate one or you get chocalate patterdales now thats a big clue lmao come on big talker BBB

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That has to be the best looking plummer dog I've ever seen on here "fireman" or anywere Come to mention it. I must confess to not knowing a lot about the breed mate but that one looks on another leve

Obviuiosly you dont spend enough time with your dogs, cleansapde I do, and have proven this statemnt before to those of your ilk, secondly get that chip of your shoulder about your mismarked terriers

Quote"I'm sure Brian wouldn't be amused by or take part in petty PERSONAL squabbles on a PUBLIC forum-he was a grown man"   Yes i thought you were not ever there when Bri had his "public dos" the mo

Posted Images

I'm just looking for a good working dog lads with a good nose good head and under 14inches and one you can span (i new this would kick off :gunsmilie: ).fireman & plummer1986 there two cracking looking dog ! . i agree with alot of the comments about to much breeding this would be my bitches first litter she will be six next year and i want a pup off her for me and her to bring on . thanks for all the good comments lads keep them comin there got to be a :toast: winner lol

Never will there be a winner when plummers are under "discussion"! Most critics have obviously seen all of the plummers in existence to make such informed judgements!

Incidentally,how many of the wonderful patts fail to make the grade? :whistling:

Theres good and bad in all types.

Only big talking im doing is regarding how the plummer terrier isnt being worked in 90% of cases.

i have the breed at heart, always wanted one and have seen some good ones, but walk around the shows,top stud dogs that as i have stated been passed from pillar to post but still being bred from.

who gets rid of a good WORKING dog, once maybe but not 4, 5 times.

As stated in a different topic, folk are breeding for coat, colour, pet market.

I wish you all the luck in the world finding a plummer, but there are better breeds out there.

Only big talking im doing is regarding how the plummer terrier isnt being worked in 90% of cases.

i have the breed at heart, always wanted one and have seen some good ones, but walk around the shows,top stud dogs that as i have stated been passed from pillar to post but still being bred from.

I wish you all the luck in the world finding a plummer, but there are better breeds out there.

BBB. you have confused me yet again. did you not just have a litter out of a plummer bitch to a young patt :icon_eek:

i have a few plummers am reletivly new to the breed but i'm making progress. there are some lads working them and breeding for work. my eldest bitch is just coming on for three years old and has had a bit of soil on her back. and has done well. i havnt bred yet but if / when i do it will be a dog that works to ground that is used :thumbs:

post-2078-126211931748_thumb.jpg

this is the bitch and hardly a lightly built terrier :thumbs:

If we're talking stats,probably 90% of most types of terrier arent digging dogs.Not worked REALLY hard (tested,as most critics put it)

Kind of puts things into perspective a bit?

If you want all that and dont want to make money from the working breed then buy a black dog anything but a plummer.

not to affend but all working dogs come from cross breeding and as i said earlyer i read alot i'l ask you a question BBB do you know what blood runs through them veins of them patterdale terrier them original fell terriers from patterdale? can you tell me?

regards mike

you still researching BBB lmao you want a clue?

a clue sometime they throw a chocalate one or you get chocalate patterdales now thats a big clue lmao come on big talker BBB

spaniel. sorry couldnt resist. also bedlington :hmm:

i wasn't showing any disrespect to you BBB at all sorry & yes there are alot of proven type like the bedlington terrier which patterdale ancestry come from. i never once said i was looking for a pretty dog(you should see how ugly my bitch is!!!) just a well worked one i never once mentioned coat colour or making a bob or two this will be her one and only mating so i'm looking for a good working plummer which i do think have been over breed just like alot of the working terriers

alb mike

BBB. you have confused me yet again. did you not just have a litter out of a plummer bitch to a young patt :icon_eek:

i have a few plummers am reletivly new to the breed but i'm making progress. there are some lads working them and breeding for work. my eldest bitch is just coming on for three years old and has had a bit of soil on her back. and has done well. i havnt bred yet but if / when i do it will be a dog that works to ground that is used :thumbs:

"YOUR MAKIN PROGRESS" BUT YOU WROTE ELESWERE THAT YOU NO LONGER WORK TERRIERS PROPERLY (TO GROUND) :icon_redface:

Guest ghostinthedarkness

What the feck?you had the odacitty to say on an earth dog thread about standard's of working terrier's being to high and you keep plummer's?speak's volume's.no wonder genuine digger's get anoid with people that post on digging topic's about 100% earth dog's and they keep rabbiter's/ratter,s(the game's fecked)and thank's to people like you.

you have that right catflap i have gave up intentionly working terriers to ground, and i am doing a lot less. mainly due to health problems but allso due to the constraints put on us with the new laws. i have limited access to legal terrierwork. although i have a few friends. that have more options to legally work there dogs. and well its important to me to have dogs that can control a problem fox. if need be. so i can keep and expand my rabbitting permision :thumbs:

"YOUR MAKIN PROGRESS" BUT YOU WROTE ELESWERE THAT YOU NO LONGER WORK TERRIERS PROPERLY (TO GROUND) :icon_redface:

What the feck?you had the odacitty to say on an earth dog thread about standard's of working terrier's being to high and you keep plummer's?speak's volume's.no wonder genuine digger's get anoid with people that post on digging topic's about 100% earth dog's and they keep rabbiter's/ratter,s(the game's fecked)and thank's to people like you.

what??? i fort it was earth dogs & WORKING TERRIERS! forgive me if i is WRONG. ordacity is the word your lookig for yeah? i will have to read back to see whom wrote high standards

atb mike

i cannot understand why some people get so upset when people mention the P word. what is wrong with you people? if you dont like the breed dont get involved with it in any way, shape or form. that includes posting on topics about the breed, when people are asking for advice or information. stick to giving out advice on breeds that you do like. that way any criticism that you give will be constructive. and not just criticism for criticisms sake.

obviously there is a lot of people out there that like the breed, and i also think that there is a lot of jealousy from owners of other breeds, otherwise we wouldnt have all the empty heads commenting on the breed at every available oppertunity. these people know who they are. we all do, the ones that have the most to say. otherwise why would you be so vocal on a breed that means nothing to you, wouldnt you just ignore the posts that concern this breed :yes::yes: