belington terrier??????????????????

The thing is mate why drop yourself in sh#t on an open forum. i no of a few realy tidy bedlingtons working well. People are to afraid to announce what they have had and whith what nowadays for fear of a knock at the door.

Just my opinion mate. Good subject though

will do cheers lad. Was thinking they are known for their prey drive and good noses as why a lot of lurcher men breed them so was thinkin if you crossed them to bring down their size with the right proven workin bitch they mite throw out a decent terrier. its only an opinion

Edited by bosco

you never hear much of these dogs as earth dogs on here are they no good? i know there some big ones out there what about crossing them?

Had one for six years now ,works cover on a driven shoot better than any spaniel, will go to ground for fox or even rabbit, on the big side but will even dig its self in, grat nose and nows NO FEAR, !!!! just get one from working stock.

you never hear much of these dogs as earth dogs on here are they no good? i know there some big ones out there what about crossing them?

Had one for six years now ,works cover on a driven shoot better than any spaniel, will go to ground for fox or even rabbit, on the big side but will even dig its self in, grat nose and nows NO FEAR, !!!! just get one from working stock.

better than any spaniel,you aint seen many spaniels then mate

maybe this 2 a are just poor dogs but you never know, going to watch this topic tho see what happens, wouldnt mind a beddy if they are any good

They look more like show stuff rather than working lines.I have seen a few good Bedlingtons but only for work on top as all too big for ground work

well i bet that video has got everyone rushing to get a beddie!!

there are dogs out there that are small enough for earthwork.ive never owned a beddie more than 15 tts.the breeds not in too good a shape cause people will breed out of dogs like on youtube and advertise them as working bedlingtons...... :no:

these dogs can and will work too ground if the size can be kept down through selective breeding and opportunity.mike