Popped Out For An Hour

luke.

Hello all, just came back from an hour out with the Wheirauch.

I left the house this morning at around 10 o`clock with molly and arrived at the farm and decided to try a little patch of woodland that i have never tried before.

When i got there i played the waiting game and within 10 mins a crow landed at the top of a big old tree, but there was no shot on as there was alot of cover in his favour :censored: .

After a couple of minutes another 1 came and landed in view so i took the shot and down it came, only a 30 yd shot but its still a kill :thumbs:

The second 1 was on my way back to the car, it was perched at the top of a little bush about 45 yds away and i missed :wallbash: but the dumb b*****d didnt fly and on the second shot connected perfect.

The only down side was getting from the top of a 10 foot bush haha, all in all a good hour with the gun.

Thanks for reading, cheers.

Luke.

post-42750-126105800205_thumb.jpg

Nice write up Luke :thumbs:

Mate just for the record.

A 30 yard shot is a good shot for a sub 12 FP air rifle if it brings a clean and humane kill, so don’t bring yourself down in your posts and well done for making it fella.

There are people with sub 12 FP rifles that would call 25 yards their maximum range, and there is nothing wrong with that what so ever either, its all about being truthful and responsible as a shooter.

If you can hit birds at 45 yards and kill them cleanly then so be it, you may well be a good shot who knows.

:thumbs:

Zini

Nice write up Luke :thumbs:

Mate just for the record.

A 30 yard shot is a good shot for a sub 12 FP air rifle if it brings a clean and humane kill, so don’t bring yourself down in your posts and well done for making it fella.

There are people with sub 12 FP rifles that would call 25 yards their maximum range, and there is nothing wrong with that what so ever either, its all about being truthful and responsible as a shooter.

If you can hit birds at 45 yards and kill them cleanly then so be it, you may well be a good shot who knows.

Zini

I second that mate.....

As long as you can make a clean humane kill at any distance if you're happy within yourself to do it then fair play to you.

Personally I enjoy the thrill of the stalk as well as the long range shots so dont worry about it.

Try and set yourself some goals and contrary to belief, practice doesnt make you perfect (there's no such thing as perfect!!) but it will make you better!!

Darryl