still nights?

does anyone bother going out while the nights are cold and still, i've been waiting for the moon to bugger off and now it's not really windy enough, but i was thinking if you waited for ideal conditions you would never get out! is it worth going out or shall i wait for the windy nights?

does anyone bother going out while the nights are cold and still, i've been waiting for the moon to bugger off and now it's not really windy enough, but i was thinking if you waited for ideal conditions you would never get out! is it worth going out or shall i wait for the windy nights?

if you waited for the "ideal" nights you would hardly be out there, ive just got back, is deadly still, the grass n leaves are so loud when stepped on, , only had 3 slips in 2 fields, my mates whippet caught 2, yipped on one of them and shook one that was kicking, , thats 2 less bunnys for the farmer, the dog had a strech, and we had a good laugh, ( the dog hasnt been out for 4 months been on holiday in america ) better than watching some gays on t.v,

just go out round the doors to walk the dog really. get the odd rabbit. had a good run on a hare last night, it was massive. dog turned it 3 or 4 times, struck but missed and it got into rough. the ground was propper waterlogged, do you think this gives the dog a disadvantage or is it equal for both dog and hare?

went outtonight for a quick shine, cold and still could have heard a pindrop, hard to get on stuff when its like this, no good for a young dog either as the temptaion for the long slips it there and can soon f**k a young dog learning the lamp. I had one slip - one longears, and came home, just a quick shine, was a good 2 min course nearly went out of the beam on my striker.

Edited by merle24