does raw tripe give dogs worms? is rabbit and hare good food for utting weight on dogs

all food gives dogs worms but i love feed raw tripe your dogs never look and work as good

i agree with you i try to feed them it as much as i can if i can get hold of it but if not i just boil up a rbbit each or a big hare between them in with biscuits

In theroy tripe can but most farm animals are well wormed which reduces the risk.

Rabbit, hare etc are low fat so will have less calories than beef, pork etc so increase tha fat if you want to put weight on without feeding larger meals or just feed more in total.

Is the dog underweight? How old?

In theroy tripe can but most farm animals are well wormed which reduces the risk.

Rabbit, hare etc are low fat so will have less calories than beef, pork etc so increase tha fat if you want to put weight on without feeding larger meals or just feed more in total.

no not under weight ive got a pup hes ok nice and chunky but my 2 saluki x's are hard to keep weight on,if you run them hard they look like a bag of bones one is 15 month the other is just over 2. it might be that everyone else seems to have bull type breeds and they make mine look skinny

does raw tripe give dogs worms? is rabbit and hare good food for utting weight on dogs

If the raw tripe, rabbit, etc. has been frozen for a couple of weeks before feeding to the dogs then there is NO risk to them getting worms from it. The freezing process makes sure of that. :thumbs:

no not under weight ive got a pup hes ok nice and chunky but my 2 saluki x's are hard to keep weight on,if you run them hard they look like a bag of bones one is 15 month the other is just over 2. it might be that everyone else seems to have bull type breeds and they make mine look skinny

my saluki crosses lose weight after they been run hard its just the way they are i was told by a vet that tripe hasnt got alot of goodness in it but dogs love it and alot of dogs do well on it so it must have some thing good in it

Saluki hybreds tend to be light, you can add a few extra calories with a little veg oil on the meals or waste fat from the butchers but remember they aren't bull crosses, as you say, so shouldn't carry the same body weight that your friends dogs do.

• 2 weeks later...