hancock dogs

been truthul when was the last time you been to hancocks mines was 92 as the fecher took pics at the amman valley lurcher trails and shows , and says ill give you them he never did as him and plummer wanted them to sell more pups as she was a decent dog ,but only through my hard perseverance and land with plenty game made the dog she was , i gave her away ay six to ales demandin home and she odne the owner proud they offerdme apup but i refused as i new the hassle i had to get her trained and she over heated on the big nites localy on hares , all history but facts, all the dogs ive had since have been easier at times to train and work with me rather than against me at times

You get my vote whin.Young Catcher is easiest dog i have trained in a very long time.atb :thumbs:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive got a 5 month old catcher and a 16 month old one same stile easy to train and can switch them of and on ,dont do your head in a good poaching dog ,my black and white one litter to yours thru to mother a bit mad like a colli ,but all the blonde pups have ben sensible and so easy to train to fetch heel hang about your feet and grand natured like father , ideal for creeping along a wood bang there on it and the job is done , all pre ban lolyours is the spitting image of his father tyne and brothers ,not through a blond bitch tho all dogs ,tynes saluki cross to saluki but so clever and loyal , hees still running fine but has lost a yard on faster qaurry ,hees seven so he should be but avery good dog so catcher looks like he is going same way what height has he made his brother is 25 plus mines the small bitch 23 maybe 24 when she finishes

ive got a 5 month old catcher and a 16 month old one same stile easy to train and can switch them of and on ,dont do your head in a good poaching dog ,my black and white one litter to yours thru to mother a bit mad like a colli ,but all the blonde pups have ben sensible and so easy to train to fetch heel hang about your feet and grand natured like father , ideal for creeping along a wood bang there on it and the job is done , all pre ban lolyours is the spitting image of his father tyne and brothers ,not through a blond bitch tho all dogs ,tynes saluki cross to saluki but so clever and loyal , hees still running fine but has lost a yard on faster qaurry ,hees seven so he should be but avery good dog so catcher looks like he is going same way what height has he made his brother is 25 plus mines the small bitch 23 maybe 24 when she finishes

Hi bud Reading your post.Dog 25,Loyal,keen,clever,eager to please.And look,s like it,s going to have plenty bottle.Keep,s having a go at the older dog.From day one .Havent found any great fault in this dog.First time out bushing took a rabbit.Will start him on the lamp Feb.atb Breed

couldnt fault father as an alround dog , caut all thats been asked and never cost me a vets bill or police charge catchers mother a real desperado , got me into all sorts of trouble when you least likely want it , roe hares when you are out with company and dressed for a walk not a hunt , even at ten still the same wont switch of ,daughter simliar but not give her the chance , before the ban brilliant but now not so good for hard hunting desperate kind of dog , thtas why i bred tyne cause he is a dog you can trust any were his 5 month old pup the same ,sticks to you and fetches for fun and hees only got no colli just saluk to saluk only saluks ive had that like carrying things like an old lab , when im making creels he walks about with netting bits of string gloves wags his tail so , so good reports all round mate

thanks lads iv got a good idea of them now and ill make sure to never buy from him which would just influence him to breed more dogs which are been treated badly.. :censored:

No I don't think you do mate, every time Hancock's name comes up on this forum we get the same old stuff trotted out. Lots of opinions about his place that dont seem to match up to what I and others that have seem when we picked up pups. If you dont like collie crosses then clearly he is not the man for you as he doesnt breed anything else. For myself I have had two dogs from him the first was great and very adaptable and the new pup (now 5 months)seems to be turning out pretty good to. New pup

email20tinker20camoflaged1.jpg

As has been pointed out a number of times, if he was producing rubbish dogs how could he have stayed in business so long?

Like most things I suppose it's horses for course.

Edited by Jack Dark

just an opinion guys but a collie cross no matter who bred it is a long term thing. they are not point and fire dogs you must put the time and effort into them. my own bitch [3/8 5/8ths]just keeps getting better although she caught rabbits as a young pup and let them go whem they squeeled and did have retrieving problems the key is to persist. she now retrieves anything asked including pheasants pigeons etc even picked up a wayward ferret and brought it back. slow to mature maybe but settling down well at two year old holds netted rabbits ferreting and just getting the point to leave longnets alone. too early to comment too much on gate nets had a wee bit of success but more luck than judgement i think. a gentle pet and house dog fetching papers and mail from paperboys and posties but a hard and fierce guard when shes been pushed. its all down to what you want ive kept lurchers of all sorts, greyhounds and whippets for knocking on 40yrs now and yes she is hard work and demanding but id have another hancock pup in a flash

Never has so much pish been written on the one subject. These threads go in circles. It'll be muslms nicked my dog and pikeys broke into my kennels next..

Or everyones fav this country is going to the dogs vote bnp... Jerez get sme new material... Or better still get out wi your mutts. Catcher stay of the cider

Edited by undisputed

He has bred 1,000's of dogs. ALWAYS got pups for sale........... nothing more than a 'farmer'. :thumbdown:

Law of averages you will get a / some good 'uns.

People will never say "............... My dog's shite" 'tho.

so the guy that breeds a litter of pups can guarantee you your dog will be a good one?