roe deer

HBG

went out early this morning with a keeper friend to find a roe buck that had been causing problems for him,the deer was spotted and he got into position,but as he fired the deer must of moved and he got it in the back end :( any way i quickly ran to the wood where it was seen going and let my brothers dog go and it got on the scent and tracked the deer.its a good job he had taken the dog along(the keeper said to bring a dog as there would be a few rabbits to get a run at later on)or the poor animal would of suffered a slow and painful death.i wonder how many foxes will now suffer this type of death now dogs cant be used :no:

edited to remove pics

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im pretty sure they can still be used to track and catch wounded animals as most deer stalkers use some form of dog for it. Great stuff by the way. How does they dog cope with roe only being 23 inch? cheers Joe

no probs mate its a strong determined thing,she had it by the throat when we got to her :)