plummer terrier thread locked

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree that KC reg is not a good thing.... not for me anyway. but each to there own some will follow the KC route and some will take a different route. its the same with all breeds. hence the parson russell /jack russell. the KC lakeland/fell terrier. working border/KC border. there is one thing thats certain it will be the breeders that change the breed not the kennel club. and it will change.. some will say for the better. i will agree to differ. there is one thing for sure the plummer has a passionate following. and is here to stay in alol its forms. not becouse of brian plummer but dispite him. i enjoy working mine in many ways and would like to share what they do without all the shite. they arnt earthdogs. but some are capable of shifting a fox. and are very versitile.so good luck with your dogs whatever the reason you keep them. yis cleanspade :thumbs:

Guest 1 man and hiz dog

i agree that KC reg is not a good thing.... not for me anyway. but each to there own some will follow the KC route and some will take a different route. its the same with all breeds. hence the parson russell /jack russell. the KC lakeland/fell terrier. working border/KC border. there is one thing thats certain it will be the breeders that change the breed not the kennel club. and it will change.. some will say for the better. i will agree to differ. there is one thing for sure the plummer has a passionate following. and is here to stay in alol its forms. not becouse of brian plummer but dispite him. i enjoy working mine in many ways and would like to share what they do without all the shite. they arnt earthdogs. but some are capable of shifting a fox. and are very versitile.so good luck with your dogs whatever the reason you keep them. yis cleanspade :thumbs:

if it goes to k.c it will be a lot worse than the way it is now...? Edited by 1 man and hiz dog

i'm not so sure about that. it may be better in as there will be a clearer divide between the working dogs and the show dogs. each will have different values. and there will be a clearer picture. as there is with other breeds. there will allways be the terriers that dont come up to the mark for the KC folk being passed off as working stock. but again same with other breeds. the work enthusiasts will pay no attention to KC. NONSENCE. so it wont affect the working dogs :thumbs: pity you got a duffer. could have been a different story if you landed good n. good hunting to ya

Guest 1 man and hiz dog

i'm not so sure about that. it may be better in as there will be a clearer divide between the working dogs and the show dogs. each will have different values. and there will be a clearer picture. as there is with other breeds. there will allways be the terriers that dont come up to the mark for the KC folk being passed off as working stock. but again same with other breeds. the work enthusiasts will pay no attention to KC. NONSENCE. so it wont affect the working dogs :thumbs: pity you got a duffer. could have been a different story if you landed good n. good hunting to ya

there are plenty of duffers in that breed mate....sertinally the ones from yorkshire were there more intrested in the money than eany think ealse