Rabbits

I had a trip from sheffield to north wales last week.

we took the lamp and dogs for a bit of mooching on way back..we did 98 miles getting there...and 180 coming back..we went down back lanes,up hills,down dales.every area that looked black and empty,we just came off main routes and went for it...it was,nt a perfect night with not much wind..but we saw very little amounts of bunnies...all very lamp shy in most places.

we covered a a lot of back lanes where you would have expected to be in rabbit paradise...but unfortunately not !

I can honestly say..we had 2 runs over the space of 4 hours driving around.and we concluded that unless someone invites us out or tell us where to go next... i give up !

im not buying a poxy air rifle and shooting out of the car window like it seems to be the way nowadays.

atb

vin

Shortage of rabbits everywhere! even on ground that usually holds a few. I think its the damp weather, and over hunting. Every Joe Soap in the county who has a gun, ferrets, spaniels, lurchers etc, are out killing the few that are left. :(

Nah.... i would say this on prime Hare ground but not to rabbits.... MIXI has swept the country from scotland to down south, when its your turn there is nothing you can do..

Not bumped into 1 person with a lurcher on my permission for rabbits. Only where there is hares... And the gun boys are out to blast every fox to kingdom cum....

Our group are still taking regular bags of 20+ on the lamp, and that area is used by people in the know from 100miles away...

Mixi.......simple as, Why do we want to blame other hunters, they also have a right to them After all we all went to london and protested over the ban, so why start to blame one another, has the unity gone..

I had a trip from sheffield to north wales last week.

we took the lamp and dogs for a bit of mooching on way back..we did 98 miles getting there...and 180 coming back..we went down back lanes,up hills,down dales.every area that looked black and empty,we just came off main routes and went for it...it was,nt a perfect night with not much wind..but we saw very little amounts of bunnies...all very lamp shy in most places.

we covered a a lot of back lanes where you would have expected to be in rabbit paradise...but unfortunately not !

I can honestly say..we had 2 runs over the space of 4 hours driving around.and we concluded that unless someone invites us out or tell us where to go next... i give up !

im not buying a poxy air rifle and shooting out of the car window like it seems to be the way nowadays.

atb

vin

Yes your right there vin

Lazy fcukers ruining it for everyone else driving around shooting everything

I have not enough work for my two lurchers here at all!

there verry few were we normaly go ive had to get rid ov 1 dog because ov shortage of work for it :wallbash:

Did you know the person you got rid of your dog to, or did you advertise it?

Do you not have a car?

yes i no the person who got it i gave it to my cusin who lives in lester neat the fens so he has an abundant amout ov work for it

Thats good, nice move and at least you can keep in touch with it...

ye thats why i gave it to him mate i went down for the C.L.A game fair last tie it was on and went lampin during the visit was good like neva seen so many rabbits in my life as there wa down there liike really enjoyable week end hope to go again soon :boogy: