FIRST DAY OUT

Hi it was my first day out ferreting. I have never been myself before and neither had the ferret. On the first set the ferret was down for 2hrs i then had to dig four ft to retrieve it i then tried another 3 sets and got nothing. I loved the day as it was good practice. My ferret took a bit of time to actualy go down the set. (Is this normal for a new ferret?) But having to dig it out- that took ages as i didnt have a locator. Therefore i have made acomitment that i will never go out ferreting again until i have a locator.Im young and still at school and dont work so dont have much money, but i am after a mk1 locator will 1 collor. could anyone help me bearing in mind my ferreting budget is realy tight.

Cheers

SCOTT

well done ferret might take a while to getting used to be put down a hole !! how would you feel if someone shoved you some were youve never been :whistling: a mk1 with collar wil be around the £80 to £100 mark :blink: a quick ??? when you dug for the ferret how did you know were to dig :hmm:

well done ferret might take a while to getting used to be put down a hole !! how would you feel if someone shoved you some were youve never been :whistling: a mk1 with collar wil be around the £80 to £100 mark :blink: a quick ??? when you dug for the ferret how did you know were to dig :hmm:

I started digging at the hole i had last put him down and followed the burrow, it took some digging as it was deep. Was this the right thing to do?

Cheers,mate

SCOTT

I started digging at the hole i had last put him down and followed the burrow, it took some digging as it was deep. Was this the right thing to do?

Cheers,mate

SCOTT

well it worked this time but it could of been 20 ft away and what would you of done if the burrow split :whistling: i used to bang at the hole with a stick or gut a rabbit and rub the guts at the hole but remember to keep hold of the guts :icon_eek: or it will be a long wait or squeaking at the holes or banging about get a ferret finder if you can makes it easier 1 hole straight down but its your choice :clapper:??? did you not get the rabbit when you dug to ferret :hmm:

Edited by auld salmon