Think my dog is scared of the dark

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yer mate we took 2 more terriers with us and thay stayed with the charlie and dug down to 1 terreier got the dog out and let her have alook she went mad she just want stay underground but will go on top if you now what i mean.

Totally agree with dogs-n-natives im afraid.

Some dogs are cut out for it and some are not, that is of course if you can be sure the earths were holding!

You certainly cant train a terrier to stay with their quarry. Maybe you you entered the dog before it was really ready? Or like I would imagine most people will say.... Its just not cut out for it. And your not the first and will not be the last to come across a problem such as this!

Good luck mate.

its only young yet , as above try it with a 100% gte dog see what happen s if its still the same park it up for a couple of months then try it again if its still the same at 2 year old shoot it

topper your bang on there! my mate had a bitch supposed to be bred from old bill brightmoor lines! she looked as hard as hell but wouldnt stay or even go farther than her body length in any earth,we tried an tried to get her working but no chance, she was aggresive to all other dogs and looked like she would kill anything but was useless. dont waist your time with it. this is why there is so much talk about bad breeding because it waist time and money and only ends in the outcome of the gun!! dont try and hole end them it could ruin the best dog beleive me!! let them work and learn there trade if they wont then good buy. sorry mate to tell you this good luck young man keep us posted..

How old is the dog? Have you had her out on lead round the holes? You havent had her off a lead and he/she wanted to go to ground and you have kept shouting no and grabbing her,if so she would only be doing what you have taught her! Just guessing here realy trying to help if not basically all the above. :gunsmilie:

its only young yet , as above try it with a 100% gte dog see what happen s if its still the same park it up for a couple of months then try it again if its still the same at 2 year old shoot it

other people who dont hunt can use this site icluding the RSPCA so leaving remarks

like that is'nt very good SHOOT IT this needs to be removed by the mods

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

is she out the same lines as the dogs you been digging to ,and has she made any contact with her game as she might not be finding under ground ,she,s young yet so don,t give up on her yet .ive had them like that till 3 yrs and then the penny dropped .but can be frustrating i know ,just keep letting her watch untill you think she,s ready then its up to her ,if that dosnt work start looking for another dog .best of luck with her

other people who dont hunt can use this site icluding the RSPCA so leaving remarks

i dont think he ment shoot it as in shoot it !! he ment get shot of it

i dont think he ment shoot it as in shoot it !! he ment get shot of it

She is 14months old i dnt force the dog down i just let her run free around the set with the other terrier like i say she will run the set. she will go down one hole and cum out the other if you no what i mean.

maybe,but its not illegal to shoot your own dog is it,think you can shoot your mates aswell,as long as you dont charge him

Edited by watchman