making a bowback ferret carrier

well lads...eh i have the leaving cert coming up and i decided to make a ferret box...my idea was to make 3 sections the one in the middle forthe nets!!well i was just seeing what ye would think..any ideas???what wood should i use(must look nice and have a good finish!!)what sizes??

few pics aswel would be grand

thnx alot

john

Heya mate , i posted a article on here about the bow back ferret box i made , it was quite a whileago but have a look thro n there one article with my hutch on and ferret box and another later on with just the box in stages. Its a pretty good box i'd say have a look through its o thissection somewhere.

Hi mate, here are the pics i seaid i would send you. This box was made out of marine ply wood. The hole box was screwed and glued. It is designed to carry my two ferrets.It has had one coat of dark oak wood stain and two coats of varnish. The black hinges are not fitted yet but they olny cost me 60p each from my local DIY shop I also bought a small hasp for £1. The box has cost me no more than £7 to make. For a shoulder strap I have used an old airgun sling, I have also attached a belt to the back of the box so I can put it round my waist aswel as my shouler to stop it from swingign when i am walking long distances. It is the first ferret box i have ever made and it was pretty easy too. I am realy pleased with it.

Hope this is useful to you.

Cheers!

SCOTT.

Hi mate, here are the pics i seaid i would send you. This box was made out of marine ply wood. The hole box was screwed and glued. It is designed to carry my two ferrets.It has had one coat of dark oak wood stain and two coats of varnish. The black hinges are not fitted yet but they olny cost me 60p each from my local DIY shop I also bought a small hasp for £1. The box has cost me no more than £7 to make. For a shoulder strap I have used an old airgun sling, I have also attached a belt to the back of the box so I can put it round my waist aswel as my shouler to stop it from swingign when i am walking long distances. It is the first ferret box i have ever made and it was pretty easy too. I am realy pleased with it.

Hope this is useful to you.

Cheers!

SCOTT.

Pics aren't showing mate :(

Darryl