how much collie is best?

what im looking for is to breed my bedlington whippet with a collie grey, think it would make an excellent dog. as she is a belter., what do u think guys, thanks alot for your replys, well appreciated.

ive got one, she 21n half tts, this is my first lurcher and shes perfect for me. shes 17 month had a fair few long ear on lamp, one daytime doubled up with a saluki grey. she had two experiences with fox and done well. also with deer. shes clever, fast enough, quick on the turn and full of stamina. very obediant, no need for lead if shes on her own. never been lame once so far (touch wood) never puts her self in dangerous situations, as many bul xs ive seen do. i. e running into things etc. il be honest i never saw the parents, bought her off a pedler at 7 month...didnt know what i was doing but ive been lucky and am pleased i did.

I think it depends on what type of collie is used and what type of terrain you hunt on, and quarry.

I think a half cross is ideal as an allrounder on rough ground. If the collie that was used is nice and leggy and from a proper tough hill working strain then you will be fine.

Sam, your right alot of it,s down to what sort of collie you use, i prefer the fell type, or hill types, that are lightboned, racey, and leggy, and shorter coated, rather than the lowland cobbier types, i definately believe they throw racier types of lurchers. regards collie john.