Lamping

Out lamping with Fieldmarshall Tomo and Rambo last night me and fieldmarshall got to the farm first told Tomo on the phone what part of the farm we would do so he and Rambo could do the other half was no wind but was canny dark ran my dog on the first rabbit as he picked it up another rabbit got up at his feet so he dropped the one he caught and ran the other and missed it :realmad: things didn't get much better after that :11: he didn't run bad just had no luck rabbits dropped in holes as he was about to pick them up got in walls lost them in cover think he only got 4 all night :( had a good long run on one that went through nettles under fallen branches round trees and over a wall he did well to get it Fieldmarshalls dog ran well only missed 4 all night he was getting back on form. With it being a bit warm we took a bottle of water round with us and gave the dogs a drink and a rest now and then .We made our way back to the farm and could see a lamp near the farm it looked like Tomo and Rambo were on there way back too Tomo's little bitch had done good she had 12 I ran my hands over her she is a little power house of a dog Rambo's new bitch had 4 she has just started lamping rabbits and is still learning .Tomo had visa and Rambo had his whippetx gh with them in the car and were going to give them a run on the farm they got 70 odd rabbits on the other week after we left.

DSCF0005pol.jpg

DSCF0006pol2.jpg

WELL WE HAD A GOOD NIGHT , TARA AS NOBBY SAID TOOK 12 BUT IN ALL HONESTY I COULD HAVE CARRIED ON AND COURT 20 , BUT THERES PLENTY OF TIME WITH THE LITTLE PUP NO POINT IN DOING HER ANY DAMMAGE.

AFTER WE LEFT NOBBY ME AND RAMBO WENT UP ON TO THE TOPS AND FECK ME IT WAS WINDY UP THERE, VISA DID ME PROUD AND GOT 17 BUT THEN TOOK A NOCK ON HER FOOT AND WAS HOLDING IT UP SO THAT WAS THE END OF THAT. I COULDNT SEE ANY DAMMAGE BUT IT BEST TO BE SAFE. LIKE TARA SHE COULD HAVE DONE MORE . VISA ALSO TOOK A BLACK RABBIT WHICH I JUST HAD TO CATCH AT THE EXPENCE OF ALL OTHERS , YOU KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE . RAMBO'S LITTLE BITCH DID OK BUT SEEMED TO LACK SOME FITNESS .

RAMBO WILL PUT MORE PICS UP LATER

TOMO

i do like that little red bitch of yours what breeding is she, whippet grey? looks like you had a good night considering the conditions!

all the best

SIRE kelpie/grey DAM whippet/grey :)

pics102vu3.jpg

TOMO

i do like that little red bitch of yours what breeding is she, whippet grey? looks like you had a good night considering the conditions!

all the best

SIRE kelpie/grey DAM whippet/grey :)

this is Visa line bread coursing bitch saluki type

pics102vu3.jpg

Tomo how do you rate those corkscrew things that you use to tie the dog down? I was thinking about getting one but was told they pull out really easy if the ground isnt hard. How do you find yours?

David

dont realy use it that often , but when i do it works fine, but then again i only have lurchers which are fairly calm and lie down as soon as put them on it.

but maybbe terriers or big bull type lurchers pull them out i dont know. but i cant see it. :)

nice to meet you also rozeky :)

Looks like you had a good do lads well done i had a dazzle last night it was also nice and dark with plenty of cloud then sods law 1/2 an hour into the night at about 11.30 the moon broke through the clouds making things rather difficult it always seems to happen great conditions when you set off then when you get there or shortly after it goes still,the moon comes out or the fog comes down :11:I try to make the most of the best nights thats for sure,i managed a few trophies last night so not all bad and the dogs are a little fitter.;)

Out lamping with Fieldmarshall Tomo and Rambo last night me and fieldmarshall got to the farm first told Tomo on the phone what part of the farm we would do so he and Rambo could do the other half was no wind but was canny dark ran my dog on the first rabbit as he picked it up another rabbit got up at his feet so he dropped the one he caught and ran the other and missed it :realmad: things didn't get much better after that :11: he didn't run bad just had no luck rabbits dropped in holes as he was about to pick them up got in walls lost them in cover think he only got 4 all night :( had a good long run on one that went through nettles under fallen branches round trees and over a wall he did well to get it Fieldmarshalls dog ran well only missed 4 all night he was getting back on form. With it being a bit warm we took a bottle of water round with us and gave the dogs a drink and a rest now and then .We made our way back to the farm and could see a lamp near the farm it looked like Tomo and Rambo were on there way back too Tomo's little bitch had done good she had 12 I ran my hands over her she is a little power house of a dog Rambo's new bitch had 4 she has just started lamping rabbits and is still learning .Tomo had visa and Rambo had his whippetx gh with them in the car and were going to give them a run on the farm they got 70 odd rabbits on the other week after we left.

DSCF0005pol.jpg

look,s like you had a goodnight were i live and my pal pie, your dog has to work hard to catch a dozen rabbits. regards collie john.

DSCF0006pol2.jpg