Airgun ban : call for help

The biggest problem here is not actually related to firearms.

The airgun issues are not the issue, they are merely a symptom of the issue. The issue is the lack of individual responsibility and discipline, and this goes throughout the British Isles. This gives rise to stupid behaviour - constant, excessive drinking, shooting people with airguns, and pretty much every other stupid thing that happens now.

The issue is that people don't do a lot any more - weekend = townies getting drunk, and recovering the next day. Which means the young folk want to be like everyone they see around them - so drinking lots!

No discipline is coming from parents, and schools aren't allowed to discipline people any more. All of which gives rise to a complete lack of respect for other people. And let's be honest, if you respect someone you are unlikely to shoot them!

Being more specific to firearms, they are rare now. They are hated now, which means air rifles suffer from a MAJOR lack of understanding by Joe Public. When I got my air rifle as a teenager, I'd already been shown safe firearm handling and learned what I needed to know.

Nobody teaches you that if you get given an air rifle by an adult, so combine ignorance with a lack of respect for the world, and the taking-for-granted of basically everything, it's not hard to see how stuff goes wrong!

I don't favour licensing air guns, I favour solving the underlying social issues - the Broken Britain. Do that, and you won't need to license an air rifle anyway.

The biggest problem here is not actually related to firearms.

The airgun issues are not the issue, they are merely a symptom of the issue. The issue is the lack of individual responsibility and discipline, and this goes throughout the British Isles. This gives rise to stupid behaviour - constant, excessive drinking, shooting people with airguns, and pretty much every other stupid thing that happens now.

The issue is that people don't do a lot any more - weekend = townies getting drunk, and recovering the next day. Which means the young folk want to be like everyone they see around them - so drinking lots!

No discipline is coming from parents, and schools aren't allowed to discipline people any more. All of which gives rise to a complete lack of respect for other people. And let's be honest, if you respect someone you are unlikely to shoot them!

Being more specific to firearms, they are rare now. They are hated now, which means air rifles suffer from a MAJOR lack of understanding by Joe Public. When I got my air rifle as a teenager, I'd already been shown safe firearm handling and learned what I needed to know.

Nobody teaches you that if you get given an air rifle by an adult, so combine ignorance with a lack of respect for the world, and the taking-for-granted of basically everything, it's not hard to see how stuff goes wrong!

I don't favour licensing air guns, I favour solving the underlying social issues - the Broken Britain. Do that, and you won't need to license an air rifle anyway.

Spot on!