lamping greyhound

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dose any body use a pure breed greyhound for lamping?..if so are they any good?.. :thumbs:

this will be intresting becouse im thinking of getting a ex track bitch about 2 year old that isint quite fast enuff for racing but will be quick enuff for rabbits

hope she goes well :thumbs:

dose any body use a pure breed greyhound for lamping?..if so are they any good?.. :thumbs:

this will be intresting becouse im thinking of getting a ex track bitch about 2 year old that isint quite fast enuff for racing but will be quick enuff for rabbits

how tall does she stand, was she distanse or sprint

i aint got her yet and i dunna becouse im just thinking about geting a greyhound bitch but i want her to be about 24inches tts but i dont know yet

i have and yes they are an exciting thing to watch, mainly because they nearly all run in big huge blasts of speed and then miss on the turn... it takes alot of time for them to settle and i had one or 2 smash into fences and things only to cut their careers short... but if you obtained one as a pup and entered it like any lurcher i would say it would be just as good

Edited by old school

i aint got her yet and i dunna becouse im just thinking about geting a greyhound bitch but i want her to be about 24inches tts but i dont know yet

You might as well go for a collie wippet grey if u only want one that big unless your just rescuing an old track bitch that wants a pet home or putting down because of various reasons or have you got a personal reason for wanting a pure grey

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fence_hopper

i got 2 they jump anything catch rabbits almost as good as a whippet, they'll tackle big stuff with blind curage theres no end to them. as good as any lurcher on the lamp and if you dont like it :feck:

I have always wondered about a pure greyhound myself.You wont get a faster dog and as for stamina,it's not everyone that wants to catch dozens of rabbits or 5 hares at a time.I think if properly entered to hunting, as already said, they would make a good hunting dog.I hope you go for it.I have 2 lurchers at present but would seriously consider a pure greyhound when I next need a new dog.Keep in touch with the site as I would very much like to know how you get on and I think there are others on this site who would also be very interested,All the Best,Woodbine.

Was considering one myself at one point. And was looking at unregistered pups and ex-racers. Went for a 3/4 grey 1/4 whippet in end. was more down to that I could have it as a pup from 7 weeks and it had been raised in the house with kids etc. could also get it used to the ferrets and type of land i hunt. Anyone got any working greyhound pics ?

ATB

IF YOU WANT TO WORK A GREYHOUND YOUR BEST BET IS ONE THATS SEEN LIVE GAME BEEN USED FOR COURSING ETC SO IT WILL BE A BIT MORE CLUED UP THAN AN EX TRACK DOG. THEY ARE BAD FOR SMASHING INTO FENCES ETC IF YOU DO GET AN EX RACER SPEND A BIT OF TIME GETTING IT TO JUMP IT WILL PAY OFF. B UT THE BEST THING TO GET IS A YOUNG SAPLING SO YOU CAN REAR IT THE SAME WAY YOU WOULD WITH A LURCHER THEN IT WILL HAVE A BIT MORE SENSE IN ITS HEAD. GOOD LUCK :thumbs: