First time beating!

Hi all,

Just had my first two days beating at Merrieworth castle in Kent. Had a real good few days out, what a fantastic sport! Cant wait till next week for more!

Just thought id share the new passion i have gained for crawling throw thick scrub and muddy hills with you lot lol

Im glad it werent just me getting over excited lol! Thinking of getting a springer pup, although my best mate is a head keeper and told me the only dog to have is a black lab. But i want a springer lol

Hi, yep springer way to go,good all rounders,also you've got breezeleaf gundogs in kent, got one of mine from there,good biddable dogs, but never rush training with a springer or you'll f##k it up.

cheers,spanielman.

Im glad it werent just me getting over excited lol! Thinking of getting a springer pup, although my best mate is a head keeper and told me the only dog to have is a black lab. But i want a springer lol

This is only my 2nd season and it is one of my favourite things I can't imagine how anyone could be bored.

I hope you keep on enjoying it and a spaniel is really the ony way to go, I can't seem to muster any excitement over a slab, but then again I have a cocker ! :wallbash:

I went beating for the first time ther other day. For an activity that should in theory be quite boring - it certianly isn't. As previously mentioned it's all about the company and avoiding the deer running straight for you :icon_eek:

Edited by TopDown