is this a good looking pup??

post-42208-125831279354_thumb.jpgpost-42208-125831277577_thumb.jpgIam keen to buy a puppie which i have found, iam told it is a patterdale x patterdale lakeland. This is my first pup and i have been told by friends what to look for in a dog and would like some opinions on what you think to this pup, a friend reckoned it looked like it had a bit of bull in it??

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-42208-125831279354_thumb.jpgpost-42208-125831277577_thumb.jpgIam keen to buy a puppie which i have found, iam told it is a patterdale x patterdale lakeland. This is my first pup and i have been told by friends what to look for in a dog and would like some opinions on what you think to this pup, a friend reckoned it looked like it had a bit of bull in it??

thats a real nice looking pup dose the sire and dam work ?

The pup is 6 weeks old, the dam is used for rats and has never been to ground the sire was a stud dog and i do not know if he has beeen worked, from what the seller tells me the sire is pure patt and the dam patt x laky. . But a friend who has seen the pup seems to think it has bull cross in it?? can any one see that? It does have blue eyes is this common?

The mother stands about 13/14 inchs tall, its good to hear other peoples thoughts on the pup because iam new to this someone with a good knowledge on working terriers and picking a good pup advice is apprecciated

The pup is 6 weeks old, the dam is used for rats and has never been to ground the sire was a stud dog and i do not know if he has beeen worked, from what the seller tells me the sire is pure patt and the dam patt x laky. . But a friend who has seen the pup seems to think it has bull cross in it?? can any one see that? It does have blue eyes is this common?

Mate, don't take it as an offence, please, but in my opinion it's not a working dog you are talking about. "the dam is used for rats and has never been to ground" and "the sire was a stud dog and i do not know if he has beeen worked" means you have 2 pets which have a litter. Not many terriers would tourn away from a rat - but it doesn't make them a working terrier! If all the info you have of the sir is that he is a stud dog, it means (to me) that he wasn't worked much. If he would, you would probably hear about its work first.

Please don't take it hard, mate, I'm for you and not against you! :thumbs:

If you want a pup fom working parents, probably this is not the one. Catching rats and being a stud dogs isn't really work.

If you want a pup from these parents, don't take care about what working terrier people say, because then you may be disappointed.

Wish you luck, mate!

ATB,

Anna

Thanks all for your input, there was no offence taken anna i understand what you are saying, and kiz also, some people tell you what you want to hear even if it is not the truth. . Iam interested in the pup and all being well should have it sunday if i like what i see when i go there, Thanks again

if its not what you like i have a litter due next week keeping 1 bitch for myself

sire working lakeland dam lakeland russel bushing marks as well will be selling them for 100 pound each

nottingham area,dam can be seen working after pups are weened,,

welcome to see the bitch,