a prickly question

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nephews one 25 inches black and white with feet like boots lol nice and well behaved so is the other fawn pup mines is like mother feisty little fecher ,just need to watch her as she wants to go go go, doing fine with fetching and jumped the sheep fences last nite got a good nose to ,but will have to keep her on a tite rain a she has a nose if i let her hunt , all in all a decent litter catcher nothing but good reports , be good to get them down my way and give them ablast on some fast qaurry about march

Plenty quarry up hear whin. Wont run the dog until i feel it,s ready and fit to do the job.Only nine month,s.Still a pup plenty of time yet.atb Catcher

what time do you enter a pup i usaly start on a few rabbs at seven moths then let them drive afew stubbles till there switched on and then take them out on easy nites when weathers in my favour , for the game , then tallyo by nine ten months, you had him on bolted rabbits yet with ferrets or a shot beastie to let him taste it ,dogs do take abit longer than bitches to get there feet together and mature slowly , ille pop through with her one day shortly and see how he is if there plenty to go at for them be nice to let yousse eother dogs simliar bred ,

what time do you enter a pup i usaly start on a few rabbs at seven moths then let them drive afew stubbles till there switched on and then take them out on easy nites when weathers in my favour , for the game , then tallyo by nine ten months, you had him on bolted rabbits yet with ferrets or a shot beastie to let him taste it ,dogs do take abit longer than bitches to get there feet together and mature slowly , ille pop through with her one day shortly and see how he is if there plenty to go at for them be nice to let yousse eother dogs simliar bred ,

Depend,s on the dog.A good lurcher man will know when the dog is ready.To soon can f--k up a year,s training and you end up with a yapper.Or a dog that is put off becuase it has been entered to soon.So to awnser your ? I go with the flow of the dog.atb. Catcher

Depend,s on the dog.A good lurcher man will know when the dog is ready.To soon can f--k up a year,s training and you end up with a yapper.Or a dog that is put off because it has been entered to soon.So to awnser your ? I go with the flow of the dog.atb. Catcher

The most sensible thing said on here for a while, (with all this preban shit)Catcher you should write a book.lol

Chalkwarren, reading through Whin's PRICKLY QUESTION read your post about wanting to write about lurcher health @ maintenance. There is a book called The Care and Maintenance of the Racing Greyhound , I've not got it myself but I got a look at it a while back,I reckon it's probably regarded as the greyhound bible, the authers are 3 American vets, it's packed full of information, maybe if Dan Edwards reads this he might have had a look at it and confirm what i've said I have tried to purchase it from Amazon they wanted £150 second hand, to expensive for me,regards W G H

Depend,s on the dog.A good lurcher man will know when the dog is ready.To soon can f--k up a year,s training and you end up with a yapper.Or a dog that is put off because it has been entered to soon.So to awnser your ? I go with the flow of the dog.atb. Catcher

The most sensible thing said on here for a while, (with all this preban shit)Catcher you should write a book.lol

:11: :11: :lol::lol::lol: Thats the funniest thing I've heard....Whin has written a book and soon to be made into a film its called the Di-whincy code :boogy:

i was wondering if with all these ansers from all youse experts and all the good awkward questions like people like me ask who no the game ,do you expeirenced guys think maybe to much informaition for sum, as they could steal it jumble it around and make money of honest knowledge of peoples hard earned expierence just a thought as realy THE ONLY WAY IS TO GO OUT AND DO IT , doyou think its happening as i have an inkling it will maybe wrong but dont no for sure be careful what youse type

I agree with you whin, there is milage in what you are saying, a good mate of mine and a very good dog man, whos ran all types of crosses and bred all types tested to the full on quarry that is shy and been ran to the hilt by others, has joked a few times about writing a book but thats what it was a joke really as theres too many knockers about in life, everyone does things different and have different oppinions.

I think is safe to say that a fair good dogman may write a book, but the very very few special dogmen you will very rarley hear of.

i was wondering if with all these ansers from all youse experts and all the good awkward questions like people like me ask who no the game ,do you expeirenced guys think maybe to much informaition for sum, as they could steal it jumble it around and make money of honest knowledge of peoples hard earned expierence just a thought as realy THE ONLY WAY IS TO GO OUT AND DO IT , doyou think its happening as i have an inkling it will maybe wrong but dont no for sure be careful what youse type

:hmm: That is not realy one of your better questions Whin,.. :doh:

20,000 + members on THL,...I don't think there are many book writers amongst them,..but,.I could well be wrong :yes:

Kinda get yer drift though,... :thumbs:

Regards,..E. Hemmingway... :drink:

Well, this does not apply to you Ernest.

well whin i dont care what people say about you .,..i think your great

mate ...and write some interesting posts.... you carry on ...

iam sure you will be famous one day so stop worrying .. :toast:

I disagree I think your the most boring repedative c@nt out there blah blah blah blah blah zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

well whin i dont care what people say about you .,..i think your great

mate ...and write some interesting posts.... you carry on ...

iam sure you will be famous one day so stop worrying .. :toast:

I disagree I think your the most boring repedative c@nt out there blah blah blah blah blah zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:clapper: