a prickly question

i was wondering if with all these ansers from all youse experts and all the good awkward questions like people like me ask who no the game ,do you expeirenced guys think maybe to much informaition for sum, as they could steal it jumble it around and make money of honest knowledge of peoples hard earned expierence just a thought as realy THE ONLY WAY IS TO GO OUT AND DO IT , doyou think its happening as i have an inkling it will maybe wrong but dont no for sure be careful what youse type

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I aint bought a book Whin,as my good friend told me years ago...

"why pay 30 pounds to read someone else experiances? When you could stick £30 pound in the diesel tank and make your experiances"

Plus i am not much of a reader lol..

budding authors stealing! surely not,come on whin thats been going on forever they only have to change a name or two change a few details to make it their own,but as most of your tales are in a curious code :hmm: it could take some time to break anyway :icon_eek::laugh:

NOR AM I GIRO , EVEN THO I HAVE TO READ HEALTH AND SAFETY STUFF LIKE ALOT OF BOOKS FROM OVER IN DIFFRENT COUNTRIES AS WELL ITS ABIT OF A CHANGE , CANT GIVE AN EXAMPLE BUT A CLEVER OR FRAUD COULD TAKE A COUPLE OF PAGES ON A GOOD SUBJECT PUT AFEW PICTURES IN WRITE ABOUT IT AND HEY PRESTO ANOTHER THIRTY QUID FOR NOT MUCH HARD GRAFT, IT WOULDNT BE HARD AS IVE LOOSEND UP ON SITES LIKE THIS AND THERE SOME GOOD KNOWLEDGE KICKING ABOUT IF YOU NO HOW TO UNDERSTAND IT YEARS OF PRACTICAL KNOWLEDGE AT A WHIM AND WELL SO EASY TO GLEAN IT WITH JUST ABIT EXPIERENCE ABOUT THE GAME LIKE THE PLUMMER TYPE BOOKS WHEN THEY [bANNED TEXT] ABOUT THINGS AND WELLR EALY ITS NOT THEM ITS ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE , THIS WOULD BE EASY IF YOU NO THE GAME

NOR AM I GIRO , EVEN THO I HAVE TO READ HEALTH AND SAFETY STUFF LIKE ALOT OF BOOKS FROM OVER IN DIFFRENT COUNTRIES AS WELL ITS ABIT OF A CHANGE , CANT GIVE AN EXAMPLE BUT A CLEVER OR FRAUD COULD TAKE A COUPLE OF PAGES ON A GOOD SUBJECT PUT AFEW PICTURES IN WRITE ABOUT IT AND HEY PRESTO ANOTHER THIRTY QUID FOR NOT MUCH HARD GRAFT, IT WOULDNT BE HARD AS IVE LOOSEND UP ON SITES LIKE THIS AND THERE SOME GOOD KNOWLEDGE KICKING ABOUT IF YOU NO HOW TO UNDERSTAND IT YEARS OF PRACTICAL KNOWLEDGE AT A WHIM AND WELL SO EASY TO GLEAN IT WITH JUST ABIT EXPIERENCE ABOUT THE GAME LIKE THE PLUMMER TYPE BOOKS WHEN THEY [bANNED TEXT] ABOUT THINGS AND WELLR EALY ITS NOT THEM ITS ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE , THIS WOULD BE EASY IF YOU NO THE GAME

I can see where you are coming from Whin, but seriously, do you think that anyone would put themselves to all that trouble for just £30 quid? Incidently, why do you say £30? If that would be the cost of one book then you'd be hoping to sell a damn sight more than one copy!!!

Also, I've been thinking of doing a book on Lurcher health and maintenance but I've been assured by several publishers that they think it would be a very limited market and barely worth the cost of publishing. My problem is that although I have a fairly extensive knowledge about a lot of things, I am the original jack of all trades and master of none: on top of which I have a lousy memory LOL.

I'm continually learning new things from this and other sites on dog health etc: the internet is a never ending source of information for anyone who actually can be bothered to look and learn.

What I then do with that information, that someone has put on the internet, is down to me. If for example I wanted to do an article on feeding, I would obviously be drawing on information gathered over the net, or from books as well as personal experience: you would have to live an awfully long time to learn everything there is to know about dogs!

So you gather information, you sift through it, you compare different points of view and sources before coming up with your own conclusion. You then put that information into practice with your own dogs before writing about it. I would hate to think that there are people out there who would write about stuff they had never tried or experienced themselves, though I suppose they do exist!

My point being, thatin this day and age, with so much info on tap on the internet, I don't think that anyone other than an idiot with too much money to burn would bother to write a book based purely on what they had copied from the internet. Just my opinion.

I can understand what you mean whin but personaly i think its a good thing that some lads are willing to put it down in writing.As we all know books are timeless as i enjoy reading about the likes of Jim Corbet the famouse hunter of man eating tigers whos escapades started nearly 100 years ago as much as the most recent book i have read A Mouchers Tale by P.Lloyd.After reading some of D.Slieghts articuls in edrd the last time i saw him [bANNED TEXT] i went to watch his dog wildboy run at a flapping track i said int it about time tha wrote a book as i would think some would find it readable about the bad old days and how times have changed.atb dell

LIFES A GAMBLE EVERY TIME I GO DOWN THE RIVER, BOAT IN THE SEA ,BUILDING SITE OUT WITH DOGS UP TO WHATEVER MATE ,YE I NO WHAT YOU ARE SAYING DEEP , THERE SHOULDNT BE JEALOSY REALY CAUSE THE WAY I LOOK AT LIFE IF YOU SEE SOMEONE DOING SOMETHING BETER YOU SHAKE THERE HAND AND SAY HOW DID YOU DO THAT OR YOU WATCH AND SAY FECHALL AND TRY IT ,just A THOUGHT, I LIKE DEPTH AND KNOWLEDGE IN AMAN IF HEES GOOING TO [bANNED TEXT] A BOOK, AND NOT JUST ONE ABOUT SEVERAL CHARACTERS IN IT , EVEN THO IT CAN BE ENTERTAINING , CHALKIES MOOCHERS BOOK WAS A GOOD READ, THERE ONE UP HERE IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS CALLED POACHERS pIE A FUNNY BOOK BUT I NO THE CHARACTERS AND THEY WERE REAL AS I HAD BEEN WITH THERE SORTS MANY A TIME ,THING THAt just put me on to it as some poeple ask questions for anserws and its like they are gleaning to get inforrmaition to store for another day i am maybe wrong ,

LIFES A GAMBLE EVERY TIME I GO DOWN THE RIVER, BOAT IN THE SEA ,BUILDING SITE OUT WITH DOGS UP TO WHATEVER MATE ,YE I NO WHAT YOU ARE SAYING DEEP , THERE SHOULDNT BE JEALOSY REALY CAUSE THE WAY I LOOK AT LIFE IF YOU SEE SOMEONE DOING SOMETHING BETER YOU SHAKE THERE HAND AND SAY HOW DID YOU DO THAT OR YOU WATCH AND SAY FECHALL AND TRY IT ,just A THOUGHT, I LIKE DEPTH AND KNOWLEDGE IN AMAN IF HEES GOOING TO [bANNED TEXT] A BOOK, AND NOT JUST ONE ABOUT SEVERAL CHARACTERS IN IT , EVEN THO IT CAN BE ENTERTAINING , CHALKIES MOOCHERS BOOK WAS A GOOD READ, THERE ONE UP HERE IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS CALLED POACHERS pIE A FUNNY BOOK BUT I NO THE CHARACTERS AND THEY WERE REAL AS I HAD BEEN WITH THERE SORTS MANY A TIME ,THING THAt just put me on to it as some poeple ask questions for anserws and its like they are gleaning to get inforrmaition to store for another day i am maybe wrong ,

Me personaly i would not have a problem being mentioned in a book but obviously i am of no intrest to feature in any books.Though i have kept diaries and photos for the last 30 years or more but that dosent make me better than the next man at the great game.atb dell

ye we used to keep diaries with wind water and catches same with game but not nowadays ,memories or someone elses memries written down mate , ye dave has mentioned about a book many at times to me and i said well if your going [bANNED TEXT] it make sure there all untraceble charcters lol,

i was wondering if with all these ansers from all youse experts and all the good awkward questions like people like me ask who no the game ,do you expeirenced guys think maybe to much informaition for sum, as they could steal it jumble it around and make money of honest knowledge of peoples hard earned expierence just a thought as realy THE ONLY WAY IS TO GO OUT AND DO IT , doyou think its happening as i have an inkling it will maybe wrong but dont no for sure be careful what youse type

i can see where your coming from whin but it would be a shame for those with interesting posts and experiences that contribute here yourself included to stop for the fear of it being stolen and used. i dont now about anyone else but i sift through replies when reading topics usually only reading them from people who no what there talking about you get to no who they are over time :laugh: and then can compare or reflect on these of your own be a sad day if knowledgable people stoped. keep em coming i say :thumbs:

Whin stop beating about the bush, you still belive Darcy is using your experiances.

whin thinks hes in darcy's book "now thats what i call lurcher work" page 15 to page 24.

Darcy's already told him its not him!!!