more coyote pics

Is the coyote in the trap any different to a rabbit in a snare? Is it just because they are canids?

every one got a view on things the snare is set to kill the rabbit ,ie,choke it to death ,let me ask you this ,HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF I SET A TRAP LIKE THE ONE IN THE PIC ,AND IT CAUGHT YOUR DOG BY THE LEG BY ACCIDENT AND YOU FOUND IT HOURS LATER , these kind of traps are outlawd in this country for a reason ,they was used on humans ,and they do a lot of damage if what ever was caught in them managed to escape ,ie, by the animal chewing its leg of .

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think certain folk need to get a grip. You're as bad as he antis going on about other folks way of doing things. Trapping, shooting, snaring hunting with dogs, hell even poisoning/gassing is only a different means to the same end. Don't complain about the way your pursuit is viewed by others with prejudiced eyes if you can't view another's without them.

personally i would love to go on a hunting trip in america just to see first hand how these dogs are worked ,at first glance the pics of the two trapped ones do look a bit on the cruel side but after reading the american lads reply and looking back at the pics niether of the yotes look in pain

feck off i used that argument when i was in hunt service ,but i knew different

Is the coyote in the trap any different to a rabbit in a snare? Is it just because they are canids?

every one got a view on things the snare is set to kill the rabbit ,ie,choke it to death ,let me ask you this ,HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF I SET A TRAP LIKE THE ONE IN THE PIC ,AND IT CAUGHT YOUR DOG BY THE LEG BY ACCIDENT AND YOU FOUND IT HOURS LATER , these kind of traps are outlawd in this country for a reason ,they was used on humans ,and they do a lot of damage if what ever was caught in them managed to escape ,ie, by the animal chewing its leg of .

Do snares always kill quickly or do we check them regularly? Is choking better than being held???? Its all apples and oranges, we hunt, we kill and we choose to do so..................

Far to many people have this notion of what a leg hold, steel trap does.... it does not break bones. I should know as I snap myself on accident all the time. And I have the hands of a 13 year old girl. No broken bones or fingers. Smarts a some when it's really cold, but nothing like disconnected folks imagine.

perhaps not ,but they are suffering pain needlessle untill you turn up .

thats not what the do infit , those traps are called soft jawed traps , i have seen the close up in OZ where they use them on dingo , they also have springs atached to the teathers so theres lots of give if they pull . as was said in an erlier post the animal can be released unharmed if the trapper wished, in fact scientists are using them in oz to study and track dingo :thumbs:

Not really a question I can answer as I wouldn't be too keen to be coursed, ferreted or shot with a .243 but they are our pastimes, so how I would feel is irrelavent. Do snares always kill quickly or do we check them regularly? Is choking better than being held???? Its all apples and oranges, we hunt, we kill and we choose to do so..................

simoman you backed out of that one ,then how about this ,if you had a choice of being killed by choking or being left for hours on end in one of those traps in pain untill some one turned up to finish you of ,what one would you go for .

Far to many people have this notion of what a leg hold, steel trap does.... it does not break bones. I should know as I snap myself on accident all the time. And I have the hands of a 13 year old girl. No broken bones or fingers. Smarts a some when it's really cold, but nothing like disconnected folks imagine.

perhaps not ,but they are suffering pain needlessle untill you turn up .

Don't let facts and logic cloud your emotion, ma'm . :doh:

in fact scientists are using them in oz to study and track dingo :thumbs:

ding, ding,ding We have a winner !!... radio trackers placed on North American lynx for research. They are captured in steel jawed traps.

thats not what the do infit , those traps are called soft jawed traps , i have seen the close up in OZ where they use them on dingo , they also have springs atached to the teathers so theres lots of give if they pull . as was said in an erlier post the animal can be released unharmed if the trapper wished, in fact scientists are using them in oz to study and track dingo :thumbs:

tomo the stress factore is more than enough to cause needles suffering if your going to kill it then it should be done quick ,and this sort of trap never achives that ,.

Not really a question I can answer as I wouldn't be too keen to be coursed, ferreted or shot with a .243 but they are our pastimes, so how I would feel is irrelavent. Do snares always kill quickly or do we check them regularly? Is choking better than being held???? Its all apples and oranges, we hunt, we kill and we choose to do so..................

simoman you backed out of that one ,then how about this ,if you had a choice of being killed by choking or being left for hours on end in one of those traps in pain untill some one turned up to finish you of ,what one would you go for .

UNFIT you were calling whin for not reading you posts corectly, there not in pian mate there just held , your thinking of the old man traps here in the uk or the old Gin trap, "these are soft jawed traps

in fact scientists are using them in oz to study and track dingo :thumbs:

ding, ding,ding We have a winner !!... radio trackers placed on North American lynx for research. They are captured in steel jawed traps.

no winner mate just your way of taking the flack of your self .

I didnt' back out, just couldn't see any logic, how would I feel if my dog got caught in a trap? Gutted, same as if they were hit by a car or shot. Personally again I can't see the logic, I'd rather bnot be caught in na trap or choked, Im funny like that, fact is we hunt because we want to, we kill because its part of hunting and we shouldn't rip each other apart because we disagree unless its blatent cruelty which is an emotive and individual thing...........

tomo the stress factore is more than enough to cause needles suffering if your going to kill it then it should be done quick ,and this sort of trap never achives that ,.

how do you know , are you a scientist????

tell you what , do a search on the interweb i bet there some research out there , try the game and fisheries department oz , where there scientists use them

UNFIT you were calling whin for not reading you posts corectly, there not in pian mate there just held , your thinking of the old man traps here in the uk or the old Gin trap, "these are soft jawed traps

tomo i have already explaind about the needles stress in my other post .and you cant see what type of trap they are in the pics ,it seems to me he would have jumped down my throat strait away with this hold trap thing ,but he did not . Edited by UNFIT