pre ban whats the best dogs for deer

UNFIT, its all good sayin every 1 is in cuckoo land, but if everyone was at the deer every nigh how long would the sport last

you realy know what your on about fair play ,there are 100 times more people with guns at them every day than there ever was or is with dogs in this country and they kill 9 out of 10 ,when a dog is lucky to get 2 out of 10 ,incase you never thought of that ,why do you bother when you are only trying to sound good when you know sod all cuckoo cuckoo , :wallbash: :wallbash: Edited by UNFIT

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UNFIT, its all good sayin every 1 is in cuckoo land, but if everyone was at the deer every nigh how long would the sport last

you realy know what your on about fair play ,there are 100 times more people with guns at them every day than there ever was or is with dogs in this country and they kill 9 out of 10 ,when a dog is lucky to get 2 out of 10 ,incase you never thought of that ,why do you bother when you are only trying to sound good when you know sod all cuckoo cuckoo , :wallbash: :wallbash:

i was just simply stating that if every 1 was at the deer every night then the sport would not last very long...........whay does that mean i know nothing??

never seen it with my own eyes but iv heard whippets and whippit crosses can take roe

i would like to see that

Going back to 87-88-1989 my cousin had a little black powerhouse of a dog called Sam, a genuine Whippetx Greyhound 1st cross around the 50-55 lb max mark. This dog was mustard a taking Roe day or night.

Thats the type of dog that I would use if I were running a deer like the roe deer yall have. Our deer are different though so you need a little bit more ass behind it.

malamute x grey........they will smash deer 24/7 and you can even start them at 4months

i have never heard such shit in my life

mate have you ever seen 1 run????????

i very much dout it!

and if you av obivsley a half wit f*king owed it PLEB!

do a bit of reseach be for oppening ur mouth yea find out what malamute huskeys are used for!

i never f*****g said anything about malamute crosses .... i was on about a 4 month old pup

so you hut your mouth

malamute x grey........they will smash deer 24/7 and you can even start them at 4months

i have never heard such shit in my life

mate have you ever seen 1 run????????

i very much dout it!

and if you av obivsley a half wit f*king owed it PLEB!

do a bit of reseach be for oppening ur mouth yea find out what malamute huskeys are used for!

i never f*****g said anything about malamute crosses .... i was on about a 4 month old pup

so you hut your mouth

who says you cant start them at 4 months ,u can ,but it dont mean they can smash them 24\7 ,but i have heard they can at 11months old . :yes: i wish it was legal i would love to see them do it . :yes: any thing in this life is posible if it is attempted often enough . ask a big lotto winner .

2 out of 10 ?? . . .a dog is 'lucky' to get 2 out of 10 . .if thats what you think then youre really not in a position to comment on whats the best breed for deer. Now i know that there are plenty of wannabe poachers who will tell you they had dogs catch 9 or 10 out of 10, and we all know those dogs are like rocking horse sht ! Ive seen plenty of deer dogs over the last 27years ,some fair some good and 1 or 2 excellent , and they were all capable of hitting more than 20% back in the late 80's we would drive 70or 80 miles a night round dorset, not driving the fields , either running from the road or parking up and walking. We d usually take sneak (23 inch 3/4 grey 1/8 collie 1/8 whip) and jake(27 inch deer grey) on the first sorte at about 10pm then swap dogs and batteries at about 2ish and take jade (sneaks sister) and bruce collie grey. We d run the little uns on the roe and the big uns on the sika , single handed, get all the dogs home safe and sound then go back out and pick up the deer in the transit about 5 or 6am. Back then it was a living before the cowboys started driving the fields leaving a trail of destruction and bringing it on top for everyone. We killed 16 does one night and once jake killed 3 sika stags , he was a helluva dog and if its common to see a dog do 3 black stags in one session then i guess this old fool still has a lot to learn , coz i think its exceptional. I still say for sika and fallow you need a big and fast dog , 27+ and 3/4 grey . . . with 1/4 deerhound being my choice.

for taking them in woods i have aold colli cross gal here dhe would knack a roe any were lite dark woofd feil never rated the saluks in woods as much as i probaly had the biggger ones 27 28 inches and therewas atime i was hunting them daily and all the season through , i have asaluki cross colli type bitch whohnts them well shees just like astrong saluki,best dogs ive saw were m c glenns danny and my old lana for stopping them in woods and finding them there will be others for stopping roe but i tend to favour saluk types and there crosses , i like adog that clean kills even tho mistakes do happen , fallo well had them just abit more power to hold themor a nother same sizes accomplice , sika caut several in woods with saluks and coli types ,all sorts of dogs willget them but if your in it for the long haul ,you can only breed of tried and tested workers with good traits feet wind running ability etc no definite type

2 out of 10 ?? . . .a dog is 'lucky' to get 2 out of 10 . .if thats what you think then youre really not in a position to comment on whats the best breed for deer. Now i know that there are plenty of wannabe poachers who will tell you they had dogs catch 9 or 10 out of 10, and we all know those dogs are like rocking horse sht ! Ive seen plenty of deer dogs over the last 27years ,some fair some good and 1 or 2 excellent , and they were all capable of hitting more than 20% back in the late 80's we would drive 70or 80 miles a night round dorset, not driving the fields , either running from the road or parking up and walking. We d usually take sneak (23 inch 3/4 grey 1/8 collie 1/8 whip) and jake(27 inch deer grey) on the first sorte at about 10pm then swap dogs and batteries at about 2ish and take jade (sneaks sister) and bruce collie grey. We d run the little uns on the roe and the big uns on the sika , single handed, get all the dogs home safe and sound then go back out and pick up the deer in the transit about 5 or 6am. Back then it was a living before the cowboys started driving the fields leaving a trail of destruction and bringing it on top for everyone. We killed 16 does one night and once jake killed 3 sika stags , he was a helluva dog and if its common to see a dog do 3 black stags in one session then i guess this old fool still has a lot to learn , coz i think its exceptional. I still say for sika and fallow you need a big and fast dog , 27+ and 3/4 grey . . . with 1/4 deerhound being my choice.

roe are just over grown hares that live in little woods in big fields , easy all the ones i had ,that was why i stoped traveling for them ,they dont live in this area ,come up here and try and get large numbers .fallow have large woods to retire to ,and yes years ago it was easy ,because hunting with dogs was still aloud and there was not the amount of guns at them then so they were about in large numbers ,,i must stop writing like im in the present it makes it sound like im still at it . ,like i said ,a good dog in this area where the deer were more of a chalenge ,u would only get about 2out of 10 .and me not being in a position to comment ,i just pissed my self laughing ,i have probibly let more go after capture for one reason or another than you have ever seen . :boogie: Edited by UNFIT

wished it was easy can be easty some nites when things are in your favour but not always , a man who says there easy well aint a man thtas hunted far and wide come up to the high country on the hills were you get big slips 200 300 yards on heather or were they have to just nip in a wood or were there had generaitions of dog men at them,you talk silly unfit honestly , about easy if it was easy they would had been wiped out along time ago , have you hunted up north to give jugdment my freind ,or several other parts of the country ,travel broadens the horizons at times ,

wished it was easy can be easty some nites when things are in your favour but not always , a man who says there easy well aint a man thtas hunted far and wide come up to the high country on the hills were you get big slips 200 300 yards on heather or were they have to just nip in a wood or were there had generaitions of dog men at them,you talk silly unfit honestly , about easy if it was easy they would had been wiped out along time ago , have you hunted up north to give jugdment my freind ,or several other parts of the country ,travel broadens the horizons at times ,

fecking hell whin you do not read things proper ,i have just written saying the same thing to some one else ,you are unreal some times ,the few roe i caught were easy ,i did not run them that often but the ones i did my dog at the time just caught them like they were rabbits .mind you he was very good just like the one i own now :whistling: Edited by UNFIT

Obviously way back when.......

You could not beat a fast dog with medium size and a bit of weight about it... a barge/trip and neck hold merchant. :victory:

Its not about a particular cross either(that bollocks) its about what it does when its reaches it quarry, no arse biters or hock manglers that run longer than they should do. A business dog makes it looks easy and gets things done quickly and quietly and leaves you with clean meat, now that aint about a cross, its about the dog in my book.

I will stick to the rabbits far less messy ;)

Edited by reload