pre ban whats the best dogs for deer

well guys here we go again the huntin life is the best life, what is the best dog for cleanly catching deer when it was all legal and above board , this wil be emotional as there somereal deal hunters on here with a varied type of jukels and hounds , WHAT IS THE BEST ALLROUND DOG FOR THE MODERN HUNTING MAN , and we are nott alking about fence bouncers clean kiled goor winter game ,lol

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on then whin, what's your opinion on it then? :clapper: You can't ask a 'genuine' (loaded) question like that without first giving your opinion? Anybody think you were trying to provoke a reaction... :D

never mate not me , i couldnt give a prediction but what i have found out if you breed the best type of coursing hound to the best type of allround collie type lurcher you get some intresting dogs , my thoughts mean litle on this supreme hunting site as only a beginer ,not eve wrote abook tet there are more knowledgble guys than me to say whats best

oo7 lol what i have found out through mates lol is that small whippety types dont cut it localy or dogs with less than half sightound or dogs not got enough wind , i think good dog to good dog works if bred the [bANNED TEXT] way and carefully chosen for the job in hand ,what i do no few of my old half cross colli type were suited for any were and whippets were not realy the job either , but i have had 25 inch dogs well would catch any were day or nite and had some at 28 inch the same ,not as good in a wood ,tho , i lend to the saluk types and the fster colli types for hard running on decent sizes land with little obstacles to hampper them

saw some bull crosses not badbut some were vet bills in the making and as for deerhound crosses years since i saw genuinly good dogs ,ther will be some about but not as many or we would have had them being scotish etc maybe there are good dereerhound crosses just not seen many lately saw a few capable ones , in the wrong hands to test them

saw some bull crosses not badbut some were vet bills in the making and as for deerhound crosses years since i saw genuinly good dogs ,ther will be some about but not as many or we would have had them being scotish etc maybe there are good dereerhound crosses just not seen many lately saw a few capable ones , in the wrong hands to test them

good question whinn its something ive wanted answering for a while we all have personal pref i would probly say some sort of alsation x grey hybrid. takes a good strong dog to take the tolls of the kicks and the rams deer can give especially a 200lb fallow stag. i used to own a deerhound cross it was an alright dog nothing special but me bed x whip caught more deer than her<pre ban> she had one then never went back and limped for a month after. be good to know other peoples view on the topic

Come on then whin, what's your opinion on it then? :clapper: You can't ask a 'genuine' (loaded) question like that without first giving your opinion? Anybody think you were trying to provoke a reaction... :D

:clapper: What you guys don't know about Whin is that he is our very own 007...

He is a fully trained,MI5 'Agent Provocateur' :thumbs:

And his unique Diplomatic Immunity means that he does not have to say anything :feck: ..

:D:clapper::clapper:

day time or nite time ive saw few fare dogs in my time and bred them ,ps you never ansewrd thw email i sent you about the book carry on the perpatrotor will be put on the stocks and galos lol did you shed any lite on the book carry on as ive not heard much

In my neck of the woods, they better be big and powerful and be so fast that they are bordering on gettin wrecked every time they take off. Another very important factor they must have is loads of determination and courage to spare. People who have not done it and only drempt about have no clue the beatin a dog can take playin that game. It gets right donw brutal at times.

I want to add one more thing. Young dogs "WILL" lose their nerve if you play the game hard. I dont care what cross they are, they will get set back but the good ones will come out of it. There most likely is a cross out there that can take the poundin but that dog couldnt catch one in a million years so what does it matter.