new ferreting partners

I was contacted a few weeks back by a member from pidgeon watch asking about ferreting, funnily enough around the same time I had a lady e mail me asking for her field to be ferreted, hers was the first permission I ever had, so I like to help her out and visit a couple of times a year at least, she's been asking for months if I would ferret a roadside boundary hedge that by her mouth, teaming with rabbits, I did put up a request for help on this patch a few months back, but did'nt get any takers, so thought Id take the new mates along, pete and his son george arrived at mine, myself and daughter bundled into his motor (goes faster than mine) and set off, the weather reports said drizzle, but it stayed bright and rather warm all day, we longnetted the hedgerow and got two rabbits out of 200yds :thumbdown:

anyway thought we'd move over to a neighbouring field that had a shallow warren in, so pete could try out his two new jills, they had a great time and pushed a single rabbit into the nets, decieded to finish the day on another boundary hedge, where we flushed another two rabbits, using a jill of mine, and pete's polecat jill, the polecat jill did an excellent job on chasing the rabbits, sadly forgot to take any pictures, barring one at the end of the day, we george giving "corana" a biscuit treat

hopefully a few more trips out in the pipeline, now I seem to have a couple of new ferreting partners :thumbs:

post-5267-125767326805_thumb.jpg

I was contacted a few weeks back by a member from pidgeon watch asking about ferreting, funnily enough around the same time I had a lady e mail me asking for her field to be ferreted, hers was the first permission I ever had, so I like to help her out and visit a couple of times a year at least, she's been asking for months if I would ferret a roadside boundary hedge that by her mouth, teaming with rabbits, I did put up a request for help on this patch a few months back, but did'nt get any takers, so thought Id take the new mates along, pete and his son george arrived at mine, myself and daughter bundled into his motor (goes faster than mine) and set off, the weather reports said drizzle, but it stayed bright and rather warm all day, we longnetted the hedgerow and got two rabbits out of 200yds :thumbdown:

anyway thought we'd move over to a neighbouring field that had a shallow warren in, so pete could try out his two new jills, they had a great time and pushed a single rabbit into the nets, decieded to finish the day on another boundary hedge, where we flushed another two rabbits, using a jill of mine, and pete's polecat jill, the polecat jill did an excellent job on chasing the rabbits, sadly forgot to take any pictures, barring one at the end of the day, we george giving "corana" a biscuit treat

hopefully a few more trips out in the pipeline, now I seem to have a couple of new ferreting partners :thumbs:

That's good news :thumbs: I'm still waiting for the lad who was desperate to come ferreting with me to turn -up . Supposed to have been here an hour ago .Roads are a bit slippery though and I'd rather he was late than risk falling off his scooter .....