Fashions in lurchers?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nitevision
I think the original question was about fashion ?. Look how quickly a thread turns into " my dog does this "and my dog does that ".Stick to the question or start another thread .The bullx is not the brightest but would have a higher I.Q than most on here . :laugh::laugh::laugh:
well what is your answer to the original question,do you have one,what x do you have. :D
LampingLurchers surely what you meant to say was you were looking for a Rhodesian Ridgeback cross so it can guard as well? :11: :11: Oh, but I suppose that was last week !!!! :clapper::laugh::laugh:

thats really funny brummy you're so big and clever. i hope someday i can be as cool as you. but you know what would be even cooler - if you had any idea about what you're talking about and if you could back up all your hard talk bullshit! :11: its unbelievable - you're a real keyboard warrior!!!

I think the original question was about fashion ?. Look how quickly a thread turns into " my dog does this "and my dog does that ".Stick to the question or start another thread .The bullx is not the brightest but would have a higher I.Q than most on here . :laugh::laugh::laugh:

well what is your answer to the original question,do you have one,what x do you have. :D

BULL CROSSES DO SEEM TO BE VERY POPULAR AT THE MOMENT,AND ITS TRUE THEY ARE IN COUNTRYMANS WEEKLY EVERY WEEK,THIS CANT BE A GOOD THING THOUGH BECAUSE IT SHOWS TO MANY PEOPLE ARE BREEDING THEM AND ALOT OF THIS WILL BE BRED OUT OF POOR WORKING STOCK AND THEY WILL BE MANY PUPS SURPLUS TO REQUIREMENTS. A FRIEND OF MINE RUNS A BITCH OF THIS CROSS AND SHE IS A DECENT BITCH,HE PREFERS THEM WITH NO MORE THAN A QUARTER BULL IN THEM, AS FIRST CROSSES CAN BE ON THE HEAVY SIDE. IN MY OPINION IT,S SAD IN A WAY AS MANY PEOPLE ARE BLINKERED WHEN LOOKING AT THE ATTRIBUTES OF A WORKING LURCHER AND JUST LOOK AT FIRE AND GUTS, RATHER THAN BRAINS , STAMINA, COAT ,FEET, AND AGILITY, WHICH I BELIEVE ALL ATTRIBUTE, TO A GOOD SOUND WORKING LURCHER.ALL CROSSES HAVE THEIR FANS AND THIS SITE IN MY OPINION FAVOURS BULLCROSSES,AS ALOT OF PEOPLE ON HERE OWN AND WORK THEM,BUT WE SHOULDN,T FORGET THE PASTORAL AND OTHER TERRIER BLOOD IN LURCHERS ARE STILL GOING STRONG AND WHERE THE ORIGINAL FOUNDATION OF LURCHER BREEDING.REGARDS COLLIE JOHN.

WE SHOULDN,T FORGET THE PASTORAL AND OTHER TERRIER BLOOD IN LURCHERS ARE STILL GOING STRONG AND WHERE THE ORIGINAL FOUNDATION OF LURCHER BREEDING.REGARDS COLLIE JOHN.

:11: So what about Lord Orford, did he not put bull into greyhounds?? It must have been fashoinable then aswell.

I think the original question was about fashion ?. Look how quickly a thread turns into " my dog does this "and my dog does that ".

:clapper: <smiles at foxdropper>

As you rightly point out, FD, my initial question really was whether it was a matter of fashion, or whether it was simply that I'm new to the area, and bullxs are more suitable to around here .... perhaps I've just led a sheltered life :D Interesting that it raises so many passions though.....

For sure they're impressive looking bits of kit, and I've known plenty of skinnier hounds with hard mouths... Call me a skinny bugger, but I shall go on dangling gangly pointy-noses off my particular bits of string. After all, I won an amusing rosette at a "dog like owner" ring this weekend on the grounds that D and I "both had long legs and looked a bit scruffy" :D:D:D Nicest thing anyone said to me all day - lol

Best of luck to all with the enemy, whatever 4-legged weapon you choose to engage it...

R&D

IN MY OPINION IT,S SAD IN A WAY AS MANY PEOPLE ARE BLINKERED WHEN LOOKING AT THE ATTRIBUTES OF A WORKING LURCHER AND JUST LOOK AT FIRE AND GUTS, RATHER THAN BRAINS , STAMINA, COAT ,FEET, AND AGILITY, WHICH I BELIEVE ALL ATTRIBUTE, TO A GOOD SOUND WORKING LURCHER.

Why do you think the bull x does not have the

BRAINS , STAMINA, COAT ,FEET, AND AGILITY

Its exactly these reasons i would want another bull x in the future. Ask anyone who owns a bull breed about their brains, i cannot understand why people think as soon as they x them with a greyhound they suddenly become thick :unsure::blink:

MOLL.

I prob wouldnt own a bull X but i dont do a lot of fox, but

when you look at the guys that do do a lot of fox, they

all seem to be running some top class bull Xes.

Sure, it is a fashion at the moment, but its also been around

a fair while, and will remain around, even when it goes out of

fashion.

Bit like skate boards, and boob tubes really :D

Ive been out many times with bullxs and i think they are shite. I have never seen one kill anything quickly other than rabbits which they rip to pieces. whats the point in that.

must of been out with some rubbish then mate :11: none in pieces in these pics ;)

I prob wouldnt own a bull X but i dont do a lot of fox, but

when you look at the guys that do do a lot of fox, they

all seem to be running some top class bull Xes.

Sure, it is a fashion at the moment, but its also been around

a fair while, and will remain around, even when it goes out of

fashion.

Bit like skate boards, and boob tubes really :D

Now that's strong chat if ever I heard it - comparing a guy's bullx to a boob tube - :yahoo: He'd not thank you for that :clapper:

PS - of course I'm with you as far as their use against foxes is concerned (not that any of us would any more, unless Charlie was injured or we were flushing him to guns!).