Fashions in lurchers?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pure grey, will kill charly with ease once he gets to no them. the bull x is far to hardto be an allrounder. just a fad. like all dogs.

Well mate used as an allrounder a Bullx would certainly have a lot longer life expectancy in the field than a pure greyhound JMO.

i'm not slagging off bullx's ones that are bred to work are good dogs but there is definately a fashion thing going on and non workers must be being bred.......and when the fad dies down the true dogmen will still have and be breeding good bull x's!

but they won't be the most common dog advertised as they are now!!

i should imagine that most people have their own ideas about what they want in a dog myself i dont like bull crosses however!!! its not all to do with what is the dogs breeding whever its poodle or bull i rate very highly the training put into these dogs the hours teaching them whats right whats wrong bringing the dog on for when it is ready for its first real days work there is no denying that in the right hands with the right dog including bull crosses then its all systems go and as already said by me and others ie nite vision each to their own my dog is whippet/beddie/greyhound and wheaton i bought her for a purpose she was exactly what i wanted i had to wait 18 months for the right dog and she is doing what i want not what others say or feel is right.

Well said Molly. Not all Bull X's are hard mouthed one dimensional brain dead killing machines that they are portrayed to be..........

I know of a certain 3/4 bred bitch that is a pretty good rabbit dog, excellent retreiver and not at all hard mouthed . She also wins her owner a lot of rosettes at shows !! :11: :11:

I also know of a half cross that has caught ALL UK QUARRY except Red and Chinky in the day and night on and off the lamp. Although the dog looks like a pure bull with plenty more leg my god he can move.

Both useful dogs, both Bull blooded. :signthankspin:

Guest nitevision

i wont slate bull crosses as iv not seen them work first hand,but from what iv heard off of people with far more experiance than me,it is nothing but good,no one forces you to buy your x of lurcher,mine arent better than yours,and yours arent better than mine,but mine do what i want,and what they want.

it does not matter if its bull,beddy,DEERHOUND,saluki, so [bANNED TEXT] there is good and bad in any cross thats why we all work different dogs .

course it matters.

its like saying to an out an out coursing man you dont need saluki blood theres good dogs in every type...