any english bullterrier cross lurchers out there?

so why would u want a stubborn lurcher surely one that does as its told would be far easier any bull x of any kind ive ever seen cant turn have no stmina are slow and crunch everything thats half cross im on about.only any good for quarry that bites back.there will be the odd few good ones out there but for the quarry we are allowed to hunt there is far better crosses just my oppinions from what ive seen working

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so why would u want a stubborn lurcher surely one that does as its told would be far easier any bull x of any kind ive ever seen cant turn have no stmina are slow and crunch everything thats half cross im on about.only any good for quarry that bites back.there will be the odd few good ones out there but for the quarry we are allowed to hunt there is far better crosses just my oppinions from what ive seen working

my bitch is far from stuborn my friend ;) anyway the winds blowing full moon but hey i am out on the lamp,gonna put some work into my bitch, hurry up jed ,i see you watching,lets go see what these bull and bull cross can do rather than talking about it.

sal grey is better than half bull on small fast turning quarry

there is some truth in what you say there mate the saluki is the most agile dog there is, put in speed with the grey to kick them up a gear or two, can stick like f**k, pure prey drive, will take all quarry if brought on correctly, yeah there not the most trainable in the sense of, sit, laydown, stay, but once they know there job there good at it. Iam not a big bull x fan, although my current dog has a bit of bully in him, but collie grey aswell. IMO oppinion most bullgreys are point and shoot dogs, they are easy to train (sbt ebt) predctable in how they approch things and they have good prey drive. But imo there is far better options out there for rabbits, and preban hare, bull xs will not live with a good winter hare and when i her lads saying they can it bullshit to be honest, there probably driving 50 miles away up the hills to some unrun daft hares on rough ground where a collie could have wrapped them up, i think they are good for one thing and one thing only and that charlie and drawing dogs on the black and whites, yeah they will catch rabs so will a collie doesnt mean anything, a saluki lurcher/grey will do it all so will a good collie grey and even a deerhound grey so why the big interest in the bull xs , good alrounders my ass. :)

Edited by merle24
Katewoo wasn't asking what people thought about Bull Terrier crosses, there are plenty of threads on here where that's been done to death. She also knows what an Ingles Bull Terrier is and understands its qualities.

Please enlightern us as to the advantages of this stain of bullterrier !