Pet insurance?

PETPLAN Kay, dont bother with anyone else............my old bitch is sitting out in her kennel now with £2800 worth of metal rod in her leg.........makes the premium seem cheap dont it ;)

Allways insure my dogs, that way I know that in the event of the worst the care they get will be the best!!!........

roughly what do you pay?

We got a couple of dogs & the largest one we got insured as we were worried about things like hip dysplasia etc, i think it started of when they were pups as about a tenner per month then when they got to about a year or so old it went upto fifteen quid there abouts, then when they were nearly three it went upto nineteen pounds a month then when they got to for they wanted twenty odd quid a month & yet we never used the insurance one.... so now we just put away twenty quid amonth for the future with the dogs as from personal experience & just my own it was a complete waste of time as you pay the first fifty quid so all the normal minor things you still get suckered in for anyway & the crappy insurance just keeps going up..

Imagine when your dogs old & really needs it how much will the insurance be then? screw the money grabbers

Good luck

Did an online quote with tesco, for my new pup, but their terms and conditions states that the insurance excludes dogs used for work, racing, guarding, or monetary gain, which i guess would invalidate a lot of peoples claims?

yeah right...how many people do you think are gonna put down that their dog was racing other dogs or was working through cover after a rabbit etc...common sense dictates here...i was walking my dog when suddenly it got spooked and took off through the undergrowth resulting in the said injury :whistling::whistling: honesty is not always the best policy...especially when your making a claim....just look at the state of the country and benefit system, they are all honest ain't they?

Well i guess i just believe in honesty (only cause if i lie i always get caught out!). I wouldn't want to be paying out x number of pounds per month, for a claims investigator to invalidate a claim. Just cause other people may be dishonest, doesn't mean i have to follow suit!

I've got a mate who works for nfu mutual, and he's gonna see how much it will cost to insure a working dog for me, probably be a riduculous premium, but i thought i'd give it a go.

Right i've got one of the policy's in front of me. It's with Tesco, the dog is classed as a lurcher. Covered for vet fees covering each illness,injury or disease up to £2500 if you go for the extra cover then you get up to £4000. Also covered for accidental death,theft or straying, hospitalisation of the owner,third party liability & holiday cancellation.

main exclusions

claims connected with pre-existing condition

behavioural problems

if your pet has been used for commercial,guard or security purposes,or racing.

claims as a result of your pet worrying livestock.

any injury,illness or disease which occurs prior to within 14 days of you pet being covered.

nowt about working the dogs...in my opinion any dog off a lead will work..its natural..if it goes off after a tree rat hardly your fault is it

:notworthy: apologies, was looking at possible exclusions, but as i may sell some bunnies i think i'll give it a miss incase of dispute!

My mate from the NFU got back to me, 90 something quid £2000 cover, £114 for £4000 cover per year, for working dog, doesn't seem bad, but i'll have to check out their terms and conditions.