out last night on the lamp

i give my dogs a mars bar at the petrol station on the way out,and also give them recharge when they've had a few runs.you'll get recharge at northholm supplies someone might have the link for ya or the bloke at gretna sells it. ;)

the little bitch that had the fit is a 1/2 sal 1/4 grey 1/4 whip x 1/4 bull 3/4 grey she has just came out of and injury and being in season she had a few runs prior to this but nothing serious. she was running very well not showing any signs of tiredness atall as she never does and has loads of stamina. i would of stopped her if i saw any. i will learn from this not to work them to hard even if they dont seem to bad

I have not myself but a friend who comes to our race meets is an ex greyhound trainer and he has used it and said its good but expensive. they used to use it only in the summer months when dogs got drained quicker but he gave me a tip and that was to mix tomatoes in with a dogs food as they have plenty of natural salts and potassium in them etc.He also said you can use Dioralyte that you get for kids etc when they have the shits.Sorry i cant tell you any more than that mate.

Edited by Mr Hunter

When I used to lamp, this is what i used to use.

You can buy some ingrediants for a decent electrolyte over the counter of the chemists, without having to pay through the nose, buy potassium supplement that contains a percentage of chloride, some glucose and mix all three into water.

This makes a decent electrolyte, some of the more expensive ones, Betacel etc, add more minerals such as lactate, magnesium etc.

Give a decent drink prior to working the dogs and little drinks between runs. Good hunting. WR

where could i get this dextrose???? do you use it?

Dextrose/Maltodextrin & Glucose powder are all pretty much identical..any chemist,health shop ie:boots,superdrug,holland & barret etc WILL sell it,about £2 for a box :victory: .All the best PP.