BBC NEWS

Farmers on the fens :wankerzo4: were,nt moaning about hare numbers pre ban when they were taking £250 ie; £25 each for ten of us to have a saturday coursing on thier land.

not every farmer wants people walking there land ,most farmers that despise hare hunters do so because of previous experiences.If you are lucky enough to find a landowner that will let you have a walk in winter then youve done well

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

went out last night on a farm that iv been going on for a few years (permission) this place was walking with hares last year.

not that i run hares day or night reason being i havnt got the type of dogs.

well phoned the farmer today to tell him how we got on and mentioned that we didnt see the usual hares on the ground.

he said that he had a hare shoot to stop the hares being coursed in the day...

you heard them endangerd brown hare let me take you out ill show you loads lol!
I live in south cumbria 10 km south of the national park and in the last decade the brown hare population had dropper dramaticaly but this isnt only down to lampers its also the 2 gun clubs we have in our area witch are Walney wild fowlers and the furness shooting club. These 2 clubs rent just about every bit of available land in the county & between them they have hundreds of members and when the bill came into practice the numbers of members went up and the numbers of hares went down. Even the rabbit population has been reduced to vertually nothing!! They dont even leave enough for them to breed and for the numbers to come back up so they have somthing to shoot throughout the winter season. When i go out i have to make the desision of hunting my own permission or go where i dont have permission because if i kill anymore on mine im more than sure to wipe the place right out and where only a month into the season!!

As for these f*cking arse holes on here who think its ok to go around distroying farmers land well they need a f*cking good kicking around and i bet there not as cleaver and mouthy on there own one to one either, there nothing more than a bunch of little tossers that would be the first to get all high rate if they owned land and some one decided to go f*ck it over with a 4x4 or cought someone tresspasing on it.

The question im left asking myself everytime i see a thread like this is, is it f*cking really worth it anymore ?? ...... Its tured into a silly f*cking war between us the antis and the land owners. Well dont be to f*cking suprised when the ban dosnt get lifted this time round and youl have no f*cker to blame but yourselves............ F*CK IT!! :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

DID ANYONE SEE THE BBC NEWS,I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW PEOPLE ON HERE FEEL ABOUT WHATS GOING ON WITH THE ABUSE TO FARMERS ETC

Well gangs of blokes either driving or walking across land they have no permission on aren't doing anyone any favours imo.

The media will obviously concentrate on these people, and emphasise the more lurid stories,,ie damage to crops abuse to farmers, stolen farm equipment etc.In no way am I suggesting that all or even most lads do this , but there is a small minority that have made it bad news for the rest of dog men imo.

I mentioned this many months ago and was told it was the legal coursing men that got the game a bad name, make your own mind up about that.

I was talking to two local lads the other day ,they were saying they could not wait to get out on "big land", I told them about the on going operation , and warned them about the helicopter surveillance,and before anyone starts shouting about how the tax payers resources should be better employed, I TOTALLY AGREE, but the facts of life are that it is easier to collar a couple of blokes out in the middle of a fen ,than a burglar ,mugger ,or paedophile.The cost of a bloody helicopter and a police team ,must be pretty horrendous,but the police involved in these operations "justify " it by saying illegal coursers are often also thieves ect.We know this is largely untrue but it is a handy excuse for the expenditure of such huge funds.Some one has a political agenda at work here imo.

If I lived in Lincs ,or Cambridge I think I would want to know why mine and every body else's taxes was not spent more profitably on crime prevention,and detection, that affected the every day citizen.

YOU WOULD NOT SAY THAT IF YOU WAS A FARMER TO SCARED TO GO OUT AT NIGHT ON HIS OWN LAND

If you read some of my earlier posts on this subject ,I think you would know how I feel about farmers being intimidated ,I lost 500 acres because of some clever boys ,and a club I was in got the bar up because some more clever lads rammed the land owners Subaru with a transit and put him in hospital, the club lost 800 acres of running ground in Suffolk.

I DON'T POACH ,AND THOSE WHO DO ARE NOT HELPING THE REST OF US.

Inan

Say you had several farms in the fens and the same hare hunters turned up week in week out and terrorised your permission that has taken years to obtain ? would you think that was Ok ?

I would have thought my last couple of posts would have answered this question for you.

Apparently not,if that situation arose, I would take" certain steps" to address the problem.

Does that clarify my position for you?

He never mentioned the farmers and keepers who take a few quid to let lads walk the ground,theres just as many bent keepers and land owners out there if you can find them :rolleyes:

Let us hope so ,long may that situation continue ,but I think those Farmers ,so disposed are dwindling rapidly.Publicity like the other night's tv, isnt helping anyone imo.

Whatever made that bloke go on TV?

How does a small number of people come to own all the countryside, you only live once if you want to go out and do something f--k em go out and do it your a long time dead

Unfortunately ,you can be a long time in prison too .:icon_redface:

The one thing the antis and there supporters had/have what we dont is no infighting and a common goal. If every fieldsports supporter had stuck to there guns and said no part of it gets banned things may of been different. When I say fieldsports supporter I mean shooting, coursing, lamping ferreting etc etc etc regardles of being a landowner, permision holder or even poacher. But no it didnt happen and never will to much blaming and fighting going on!!! just look at the arguing what goes on here!! Yes there was the marchs but IMO to little to late.

Pity the anglers were conspicuous by their absence, imagine if only a quarter of them had joined us.

I for one was very pleased when PETA began showing pictures of dogs with hooks in their mouths ,in their campaign against fishing.Some of the head in the sand anglers began to get the message.ie "when they came for me there was no one left to protest".

I probably went on 20 marches and demos ,and found myself rubbing shoulders with fieldsportsmen and women from all walks of life.

People moan about the CA, but they are "the only game in town", and have reiterated their committment to campaign for ALL field sports.

As to someone saying how peaceful the marchers were ,they should have been on the Westminster demo,when the Police were truncheoning the first row against the barriers.

I wonder how many of the moaners actually went on the marches?

I see GD Waz is reading this :D the Parliament Square battle was a backlash from the previous meeting we had there when the mounted police tried to man the crowds, unfortunately they were inaffective due to the high number of people present that were familiar with horses :clapper: the police did ntlike it one little bit when these people held there horses by the bridle and walked the horses backwards :clapper: they were helpless :clapper: was nt many horses at the second parliament Sq meeting but far more antagonistic officers, completely different to officers we encountered on any previous marches, they were riot squad hell bent on inflicting injuries on anyone within reach

Y.I.S Leeview

The one thing the antis and there supporters had/have what we dont is no infighting and a common goal. If every fieldsports supporter had stuck to there guns and said no part of it gets banned things may of been different. When I say fieldsports supporter I mean shooting, coursing, lamping ferreting etc etc etc regardles of being a landowner, permision holder or even poacher. But no it didnt happen and never will to much blaming and fighting going on!!! just look at the arguing what goes on here!! Yes there was the marchs but IMO to little to late.

Pity the anglers were conspicuous by their absence, imagine if only a quarter of them had joined us.

I for one was very pleased when PETA began showing pictures of dogs with hooks in their mouths ,in their campaign against fishing.Some of the head in the sand anglers began to get the message.ie "when they came for me there was no one left to protest".

I probably went on 20 marches and demos ,and found myself rubbing shoulders with fieldsportsmen and women from all walks of life.

People moan about the CA, but they are "the only game in town", and have reiterated their committment to campaign for ALL field sports.

As to someone saying how peaceful the marchers were ,they should have been on the Westminster demo,when the Police were truncheoning the first row against the barriers.

I wonder how many of the moaners actually went on the marches?

Spot on - the attittude of anglers was - it doesnt effect us - and they stuck their heads up there arses - wankers!!!

I see GD Waz is reading this :D the Parliament Square battle was a backlash from the previous meeting we had there when the mounted police tried to man the crowds, unfortunately they were inaffective due to the high number of people present that were familiar with horses :clapper: the police did ntlike it one little bit when these people held there horses by the bridle and walked the horses backwards :clapper: they were helpless :clapper: was nt many horses at the second parliament Sq meeting but far more antagonistic officers, completely different to officers we encountered on any previous marches, they were riot squad hell bent on inflicting injuries on anyone within reach

Y.I.S Leeview

I HAD TO WORK THE MORNING SHIFT THAT DAY,AND DIDN'T GET THERE TILL NEARLY LUNCHTIME,COMING THROUGH HORSE GUARDS PARADE,I SAW A SQUAD OF MOUNTED COPPERS WITH NO ID TAGS ON THEIR SHOULDERS,I GUESSED IT MIGHT TURN A BIT NASTY.DO YOU REMEMBER THE THUNDER FLASHES GOING OFF? IT WAS LIKE A PRE-ORDAINED SIGNAL.THE POWERS THAT BE WANTED A RIOT FOR THEIR OWN REASONS .

THOUGHT I WAS BACK ON THE PICKET LINES AT GRUNWICK AND THE ISLE OF GRAIN. :clapper:

Totally agree that they tried to discredit ourselves we'd had some massive numbers attending these events and no trouble the first Hyde Park Rally the Telegraph reported "they left no litter and closed the gates when they left" and labour still shafted us

Y.I.S Leeview

MARCHES, MARCHES, LOAD OF BOLLOX, WASTE OF TIME, MONEY MONEY MONEY :yes: TALKS

RSPCA GAVE THEM 2 MILLION, WE SHOULD HAVE GIVEN THEM TWICE THAT. WITH THE AMOUNT OF MONEY IN THE SHOOTING HUNTING INDUSTRY . BUT I DONT REMEMBER ANY DONATIONS, GIVEN TO ANY PARTY

The Hunting Ban wa a bone thrown to the Labour backbenchers by Blair, as a reward for letting him back the Americans in going to war, illeagaly, with Iraq !! It had nothing to do with hunting , foxes or country sports !! It was simply class warfare by Labour who think anyone who partakes in feild sports is a Tory; remember the Labour MP who said, after the ban, "Thats a black eye for the Tory Toffs" ?? I supported the Border & Coquetdale Coursing Club for years, and it was made up from farmers, pitmen and shipyard workers !! So much for the "Toffs" !! Anyone who votes Labour is voting for a Marxist party, who will destroy whats left of this country, and give the remnants over to unelected b*****ds in Europe !!

Cheers.