Pictures

Dear all, i enjoy fishing around on this forum and reading what all members have to say and replying to posts etc. However, my one gripe is that there are alot of pictures accompanied by descriptions of how foxes have been 'unzipped' or 'took half his head off'. That's great and i shoot alot of foxes myself and when i inflict that type of damage i am truly satisfied that the animal in question didn't know anything about it's untimely demise. However, seeing pictures posted on here as some sort of trophy shot surely only adds ammo to the anti's armoury. I for one hate the idea of pandering to endless politically correct red tape but anything that gives these scum bags something that they can display to impressionable or uneducated people and say 'look, this is what those evil people with guns and dogs to cute little bazil brush' has to be moderated in some way. What do you guys think?

Regards, Luke.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

as long as its legal, I cant see a problem with it myself, thers hundreds of pictures on the internet, not showing any on here, wont make the slightest bit of difference,

showing pictures with the words "pre ban", now thats a different story

Dear all, i enjoy fishing around on this forum and reading what all members have to say and replying to posts etc. However, my one gripe is that there are alot of pictures accompanied by descriptions of how foxes have been 'unzipped' or 'took half his head off'. That's great and i shoot alot of foxes myself and when i inflict that type of damage i am truly satisfied that the animal in question didn't know anything about it's untimely demise. However, seeing pictures posted on here as some sort of trophy shot surely only adds ammo to the anti's armoury. I for one hate the idea of pandering to endless politically correct red tape but anything that gives these scum bags something that they can display to impressionable or uneducated people and say 'look, this is what those evil people with guns and dogs to cute little bazil brush' has to be moderated in some way. What do you guys think?

Regards, Luke.

but surely the anti's argue that shooting is preferential to actually hunting foxes as a matter of control? For now

Y.I.S Leeview

Edited by Leeview

Regards, Luke.

but surely the anti's argue that shooting is preferential to actually hunting foxes as a matter of control? For now

Y.I.S Leeview

Yes, but I think seeing graphic images of shot foxes will inspire them to go for a ban on shooting as well as, not instead of, the hunting with dogs ban...

Regards, Luke.

Y.I.S Leeview

Yes, but I think seeing graphic images of shot foxes will inspire them to go for a ban on shooting as well as, not instead of, the hunting with dogs ban...

Don't you think thats part of the antis end game anyway?

Regards, Luke.

Y.I.S Leeview

Followed by ferreting, hawking, legal lurcher and terrier work and fishing and anything else which involves countrymen so much as setting foot in a field!

Its not just what anti's see on internet sites, there is more damage being committed outside the box.

The damage is already done on sites like this, the sensible ones stay and remain quiet.

As someone has mentioned already, these shot and retrieved/pre ban posts are not bullet proof.

It's these people who will be located by authorites and dealt with because they cant follow SIMPLE forum rules, and like the world to see what road killls they have picked up with an added tale to go with it.

There are plenty of good,honest, helpful dogmen/women on here and other sites.

Maybe more mods are needed to patrol these sites and stamp out posts/members that have breached THL rules. It clearly shows that there are not enough to control this site.

:victory:

Edited by artic

Regards, Luke.

Y.I.S Leeview

Followed by ferreting, hawking, legal lurcher and terrier work and fishing and anything else which involves countrymen so much as setting foot in a field!

Yes, so wouldn't it be a good idea to keep things low-profile? Why not focus on the craft of the actual hunt, rather than drawing so much attention to the actual kill?

Surely it gives non-hunting people the idea that all hunters are interested in is the bloody end result?

Maybe more mods are needed to patrol these sites and stamp out posts/members that have breached THL rules. It clearly shows that there are not enough to control this site.

Its quality not quantity artic :angel: If members want to hang themselves with incriminating photos then thats there choice and dont be surprised if theres a knock on the door, we will remove all we can but posters have a responsibilty to obey the rules and demonstrate the sport in a good light...............

Its quality not quantity artic :angel: If members want to hang themselves with incriminating photos then thats there choice and dont be surprised if theres a knock on the door, we will remove all we can but posters have a responsibilty to obey the rules and demonstrate the sport in a good light...............

Is it the quality?

"If members want to hang themselves with incriminating photos then thats there choice and dont be surprised if theres a knock on the door"

Yes more quality mods are needed because there have been posts on here that have been allowed for days to go on with content that offends, upsets and breeds anger among members which all have breached THL rules.

Is it the quality?

"If members want to hang themselves with incriminating photos then thats there choice and dont be surprised if theres a knock on the door"

Yes more quality mods are needed because there have been posts on here that have been allowed for days to go on with content that offends, upsets and breeds anger among members which all have breached THL rules.

We aren't parents just mods, people have to take responsibility for their own actions including posts, we remove a mountain of shite everyday but still a few will slip through, as we tell members, use the report button and one of us will look into it. Upset and anger? Welcome to the forum :whistling:

Anyone who feels the need to post a "sausage shot" kind of picture or a head "blown apart" type of picture isnt getting the drift of hunting.

Same with the "shot and retrieved" merchants,bollox, thats what i say :tongue2:

Its obvious theyre just needing some testosterone injections.

And they will be the first ones to moan when they get their dogs taken of them :wallbash:

There is nothing wrong with pictures of dead quarry providing it is in the right context. Personally, I prefer not to show too many pictures of what I do for fear of them being used elsewhere, out of context.

Overall the moderators do a good job of removing crap, although at times stuff gets left up for too long. I strongly believe that there should be a zero tolerance approach to rule infringements; those folks who seem unable to type such complicated words as 'you' and 'people' and 'four/for' are often the same ones who go on to write rubbish.

Are there enough moderators to deal with the amount of crap on here? Probably not; but who would possibly want to do such a thankless task anyway? I think that all forum members should make better use of the report button, and not just for major rule infringements, and maybe the moderators could also let the first person to report a post know that they've dealt with it.

Some of the 'look at what I've shot/trapped/snared/ferreted/charmed' pictures can get repetitive though....