hushpower cartridges

hi all, quick question, when I picked up this pedretti hushpower, it came with a few boxes of eley hushpower carts, which Ive nearly used up, my local dealer had none in stock, but recomended

high velocity/express 28grms 7.5 65mm fibre wad, saying they are nearly the same, maybe a little more bang,

Im now getting worried how do I check the gun can take different carts/pressure etc, is there something stamped on the shotgun, and if so, what am I looking for?

he also recomended some carts for a clay day Ive got arranged

velocity competetion target loads 28grms 7.5 70mm fibre wad

have a few boxes of each, and of course, dont want to be blowing my head off

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hiya ive been looking at these hushpowers, what do you reckon to them?? any difference eto anyother 12 bore????

depends what you want it for, with areas with a noise problem, they are the mutts nutts, but if you in a field in the middle of nowhere, a normal shotgun would be better, found a shop that stocks the hushpower carts, but a bit pricey at £6.20 for a box (25)

the other carts I quoted at start of post, velocity express are ok on the clay days, slightly more of a bang, but the velocity competition are way too noisey, so ended up using them in a mates over and under

Im still a lover of the hushpower though, alot of places now are looking at noise issues, so a mossberg pump is to be my next purchase, a two barrel deal, costs £650 giving you the best of both worlds, a standard ribbed barrel, plus the fully silenced barrel

Are they really £650 now?! I bought the 410 version of the hushpower mossberg pump earlier on in the year and I got it for about £400 brand new.

Cartridge wise, its quieter than a normal shotgun when using normal cartridges, but even quieter when you use the eley subsonics. Some people reckon they cant tell much difference between the magnum subsonics and normal 2 1/2 cartridges, but when you stand a distance away you can tell.

I find mine is actually quieter when in the middle of a field. If your too near hedgerows or buildings then the noise seems to be applified.

Looking back, i kinda wish id gone for the 12bore version, mainly because you do get the spare normal barrel as well as the hushpower one.

Are they really £650 now?! I bought the 410 version of the hushpower mossberg pump earlier on in the year and I got it for about £400 brand new.

they sell both the 410 or 12 bore at £540, but on the 12, for the extra barrel it goes to the £650, I love my little 410 hushpower pedretti, its a great tool for dispatching live caught foxes, use subs in it,our gardens over this way are quite large, and dispatching a live caught fox, a neighbour hanging out her washing two fences away never heard a thing,