Thinking of buying a new shotgun

Hi

I am thinking of buying a new (used) 12g shotgun, or might treat myself to a new one. I currently have 2 12g SBS, a Miroko and a nice English SBS both 23/4 chamber. I want it primarily want it for wildfowling so I would like one that will take a 3 - 31/2 magnum.

I want either an O/U or semi auto, not to sure if I want a pump, but I have been just been doing internet search and I quite fancy a beretta xtrema

Any thoughts?

Alan

Put VERY Simply the Extrema/Extrema2 are just doctored up 391 with lots of plastic, pretty cammo and big chambers...off the top of my head I cannot think of a better Wildfowling gun......

I do however, hear great things about the new Benelli Vinci, (not sure if it's available in the uk yet) 3" chamber and allegedly the lightest recoil going! :hmm::thumbs: and it's from the Beretta stable anyway!

The 391 wond take 3 1/2 inch shells but the xtreama 2 does as does the benelli black eagle i have a 391 and a benelli and personally shoot better the benelli but everyone id different! The only thing i wud say is benellis are recoil operated oposed to the gas operated beretta so there is possibly less to go wrong having said that they are known to be some of the most reliable autos in the world so i would try both and see which one feels best for u.

Just to buck the trend....

I went off, wallet in hand for a semi last weekend and came out with a Brand new Remington 870 supermag 3 1/2" in camo. It came with 3 chokes and other odds and sods in the box. Having had a Mossberg trombone gun in the past, I am a fan of the totally trouble free use that pumps provide. They just don't jam. Ever! No matter what ammo you use, whatever you drop it in, they just keep going. :clapper:

With a little practice, these are every bit as quick as a semi and the kerchunk-kerchunk is embarrasingly satisfying. :icon_redface:

Oh, and the cost? £435! :blink:

South and West Country Sports, have not been there yet, I read a few threads and I read you singing the praises. I was out shooting on Saturday and the guys were taking about them all good stuff, so I will pop down there and have a look. Keens are going to lose a lot of business I think.

Just a note on keens, I was starting to think it was just me, but they do ignore people! they just walk right past you and I dont know why, I am a good customer I spend about a £1000 there every year.

Thanks for that, £435 Brand new! that seems cheap! that has got to be worth a look, the Beretta is 3 times the price

Yeah, thats what I thought. Apparently Remington have a new model about to come out and there are some bargains to be had on the remaining 870's if you look. I'm not sure what the new one will be like, but at this price, I couldn't turn down a thoroughly tried and tested gun so easily!