Lurcher training

Hello,

Im loooking to get my first lurcher soon, not my first dog though.

Would anyone have any books they could reccomend for training, either exlusively lurchers or dogs in general.

Purely on the traing side.

Cheers for any help

Neil

allright mate heres a couple of books to try ..the lurcher training and hunting by Frank Sheardown...the new complete lurcher by D.Brian plummer there good books full of the info ..atb
Hello,

Would anyone have any books they could reccomend for training, either exlusively lurchers or dogs in general.

Cheers for any help

Neil

allright mate heres a couple of books to try ..the lurcher training and hunting by Frank Sheardown...the new complete lurcher by D.Brian plummer there good books full of the info ..atb

Cheers bud, will have a look on amazon for them, if you had to choose 1 out of the 2 for training which would it be?

Have a good wk-end mate

Neil

Hello,

Cheers for any help

Neil

Cheers bud, will have a look on amazon for them, if you had to choose 1 out of the 2 for training which would it be?

Have a good wk-end mate

Neil

try that welsh book shop mate coch-ne bonndu i think (something like that) they have shed loads and you can get 2nd hand cheaper ive got frank sheardowns book an read plummers [bANNED TEXT] kinda dog you goin for lurchers arnt like other dogs some are a piece of p*ss some are a pain in the arse. what you gonna be doin with the dog look at the different crosses as there are many many many from small whippet xs to feckin huge deerhoundxs, they are great dogs i have 2 at the mo all the best with your choice of canine athlete.

Hello,

Cheers for any help

Neil

Have a good wk-end mate

Neil

try that welsh book shop mate coch-ne bonndu i think (something like that) they have shed loads and you can get 2nd hand cheaper ive got frank sheardowns book an read plummers [bANNED TEXT] kinda dog you goin for lurchers arnt like other dogs some are a piece of p*ss some are a pain in the arse. what you gonna be doin with the dog look at the different crosses as there are many many many from small whippet xs to feckin huge deerhoundxs, they are great dogs i have 2 at the mo all the best with your choice of canine athlete.

Cheers steve, picking up a pup in about a wk or so, it got grey, whippet, collie and a bit of pharoh hound in it, little worried about the noise from the pharoh but we really like the look and sound of her and her older siblings and dam and sire so gonna take the risk. Should make 23 24tts.

Gonna use her for rabbits, ferreting and general mooching, might give lamping a go maybe see how it goes.

But got a good dose, but not too much,'' of collie, (border) in her, had collies before so know what there like for training etc. Had dogs all my life just never lurchers, more the training to hunt i need to learn about.

When shes old enough might see if theres any one down my neck of the woods with working lurchers i could take her out with to get the idea.

Will have a look for that book shop now.

Cheers

Neil

Hello,

Cheers for any help

Neil

Gundog Training by Moxon.........an excellent book by someone who understands dogs. ;)