alternative drinker

Mine get on with bottles, but you can presumably use any size bottle with this device, so looks good to me.

Cheers stubby :thumbs:

yes, I used that bottle as it was to hand and empty, depending on housing/siting etc, you could set up a header tank, with all the drinkers fed from it, fit a ball valve to the header tank then to the mains water, and you have auto waterers, probably would be problems with freezing, but if insulated properly maybe it could be used all year round

how you gonna stop the water in the cup freezing in the winter ??? ...........

Just mix the water 50/50 with anti freeze.

:icon_eek: lol. Good point but will be good for 6 months of the year when they drink the most (as I feed dry in summer)

• 4 weeks later...

it only took "ted" a couple of days to figure it out, at first I was putting my finger through wire and pushing the valve myself, when he was looking, but he soon got the hang of it, you need to make a small air hole in the top of whatever water container you use

thinking in "blue peter" mode, if you was using this on a ferret court, it wouldent be too difficult to cut the red bit so your just left with the valve, and fix this above a much larger water bowl,

Ive got one fert that hates drinker bottles, so have been giving him a bowl lately, but its a pain, so spotted these chicken cups on e bay and thought Id give it a go, only cost £5 inc postage, connects to any type water container, the cup is around the sizes of his snout, so when the water is getting low, and he sticks his snout in to drink/lap, he pushes the tip with his snout/nose, releashing more water, if he gets on ok with it, I'll probably change all the drinkers to these...

post-5267-1254854705_thumb.jpg

post-5267-1254854725_thumb.jpg

post-5267-1254854747_thumb.jpg

hi stubby had a look on ebay no look have you got their ebay name