Music that makes you go mmmm

Guest The Shaman

Guest The Shaman

I see there is a lot of people her that like Northern Soul, although it is a smidging before my time I still love that kind of music. We all have a period in our lives that strike a chord when music is involved. Although I grew up with Blondie, Big Country and the Jam I loved stuff from Nina Simone, Bill Withers and other not so mainstream music. Be interesting to find what everyone else thinks. Music is very personal, and what one person thinks is bollox (for me that breakdance shite) others love. What do you think?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a guitar rift in 'Touch too much' AC/DC which still to this day makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Ian Dury's lyrics and tunes were brilliant. So many brilliant bands and artists to choose from, in those days, scar, rock, alt, reggae :D

And then as diverse as loving 'Spetember in the rain' by Dina Washinton and going to see the Butthole surfers in London.

Modern day music i tend to like the odd song by someone but not their whole repertoire.

MOLL.

Got to be UB40 most of the time especially when I'm driving chills me right out. If I'm P****d off the its back to gangster rap (Snoop dogg, Dre, Ice cube, Ice T, 2PAC, Biggy Smalls). I do like a bit of the old 80's stuff [bANNED TEXT] im in the mood as well.

The Hob :rocker:

There is a guitar rift in 'Touch too much' AC/DC which still to this day makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Ian Dury's lyrics and tunes were brilliant. So many brilliant bands and artists to choose from, in those days, scar, rock, alt, reggae :D

And then as diverse as loving 'Spetember in the rain' by Dina Washinton and going to see the Butthole surfers in London.

Modern day music i tend to like the odd song by someone but not their whole repertoire.

MOLL.

Here you go Molly.

AC/DC - Touch Too Much (not the best quality)

Spending far too much time on you tube these days, there's some good stuff on though.

Purple Hearts, Secret Affair, The Jam, Specials, The Who, Sham, The Pistols, Clash, Buzzcocks, Undertones, Dexys.......ah those were the days :laugh:

Love the Who :rocker: But never heard of purple hearts, secret affair or sham, what music style Stabs? :blink: