Relatively new ferret owner wanting to learn to hunt.

You will find all the relevent information about working ferrets on here

Glad to hear that just wondered if anyone was local to me or there were any clubs locally!?!?!

Ashfield if you like showing ferrets , or allshires , dunno anyone else who runs clubs of sorts other than them two , showing i think mainly i think they do though

Welcome to the site mate.

I'm sure there'll be someone from your area on here that would take you out for the day with them to get you started

There are loads of videos on YouTube that will give you the general idea on how to go on.

What sort of equipment do you have already??

Do you have any permissions yet??

If you need any more help just ask

Darryl

Hi mate and welcome to the best field sport there is

There is a young bloke on this site snakes1989 who tagged along with us this year to learn the ropes

and hes doing really well now

Try and tag along with a ferreter near you and see if he will show you the ropes read as many books and watch

as many dvds as poss and keep looking on forums like this one for info cos as i said to snakes it dont matter how

long you have been ferreting etc you will never know it all so you never stop learning

GOOD LUCK MATE

Guest lavyheed
Try and tag along with a ferreter near you and see if he will show you the ropes read as many books and watch

as many dvds as poss and keep looking on forums like this one for info cos as i said to snakes it dont matter how

long you have been ferreting etc you will never know it all so you never stop learning

GOOD LUCK MATE

Put a thread up to ask if there is anybody on here that is near you that would be willing to take you out to show you the ropes. :thumbs:

I have a couple of farmers my mate knows that have said they will give me written permission also my partners uncle has a field riddled with rabbits that he wants getting rid of as they are sinking one corner of his shed (do I need any other kind of permission? )

I have no equipment yet except their carry box and harnesses ( we are still struggling a little with getting them on any hints or tips?)!

Any suggestions on books or dvd's?

Also I wondered if a Manchester Terrier would be good to take along?

Thanks

Kayleigh

Will you be netting the holes , if so you need purse nets, locator collar , shovel , study box for the ferret , as for the dog its no go if the animal isnt stock broken, sheep, cattle horses etc & also your ferrets

He is still a little scared of the ferrets he is only a year old so is still traing just thinking of the future really he has been around sheep horses and cows (not interested in them just walks past even off the lead). I still have a lot to learn! ant wait to find someone to go with and learn hands on though!!!!