Just had a visit from the lancashire police lady to inspect my cabinet.Which she failed because i had screw and glued it to and interior wall.Which is in a small room with a steel lined door.And has a 2,5 lever locks on

I have only one exterior wall as i live in a penthouse appartment.

I now have to buy another cabinet as there is now way i can get this off the wall and have it sighted in my bedroom for all to see.

i presumed that was where they were supposed to be bolted too.

i spoke to a farmer i do some work for and he had to move his off a outside wall

and put it onto a internall wall before he got his sgc.

i bolted mine to a internal supporting wall today ready for a inspection.

lets see what happens

as DEKER says it's not the fabric of the wall that is important.

example.......a new build timber framed house, with floating chipboard floors ( 18mm chip board laid onto kingspan or polystyrene)......this cannot be bolted to a "brick or "concrete" surface.

the answer is to fix it "securely" to timber uprights with suitable coach screws (100-150mm), and not fixed to the hollow plaster board wall, there will be no problem if it is secured in this way.

cheers

sean

as DEKER says it's not the fabric of the wall that is important.

example.......a new build timber framed house, with floating chipboard floors ( 18mm chip board laid onto kingspan or polystyrene)......this cannot be bolted to a "brick or "concrete" surface.

the answer is to fix it "securely" to timber uprights with suitable coach screws (100-150mm), and not fixed to the hollow plaster board wall, there will be no problem if it is secured in this way.

cheers

sean

My sons house had very hollow walls and could'nt fit it any where in the house so the police told him to fix it in the attic so thats what he done, bit of a pest to get his gun out every time he go's shooting.

why did she fail the cabinet?

is it of brit standard and fixed securely?( this being the point,not whether brick etc).

She failed it becuase it was not on a outside wall.I am 15 stone and used all my strength to try and pull it off the wall.We even used pink adhesive and then screwed it to floor and wall.It was Brattonsound cabinet.At least it was locked in a room with a steel lined door out of site.Not like were she wants it which can be seen as soon as one opens my appartment door

why did she fail the cabinet?

is it of brit standard and fixed securely?( this being the point,not whether brick etc).

She failed it becuase it was not on a outside wall.I am 15 stone and used all my strength to try and pull it off the wall.We even used pink adhesive and then screwed it to floor and wall.It was Brattonsound cabinet.At least it was locked in a room with a steel lined door out of site.Not like were she wants it which can be seen as soon as one opens my appartment door

Chap..I am confused, there is NOTHING in the regulations that says your Cabinet has to be mounted on an outside wall. She cannot fail it because of this. I can only assume she has decided your internal walls are not secure enough and has therefore failed it because of this, and suggested you use an outside wall, presumably because it is more secure!

The mere fact it is on an inside wall is NOT a reason for failing your installation! :thumbs: