I am after a lightweight, waterproof jacket. All my others are too warm for most of the year.

There are lots of hikers type jackets, but I don't think they look strong enough for when you're clambering over barbed wire or pushing through the trash.

Can anyone recommend one?

Thanks.

It might be worth taking a look at some of the Paramo or Buffalo jackets, good stuff. Alternatively Mountain equipment and Haglofs make some great lightweight waterproofs, just depends on what your budget is.

Have used Mountain equipment jackets for years and have managed to stay dry on some pretty horrible days out in the beacons as well as being used for climbing, they're really well made and stand up to a lot of abuse....as long as you dont mind the bright colours!

Edited by Macsen
  • 2 weeks later...
I am after a lightweight, waterproof jacket. All my others are too warm for most of the year.

There are lots of hikers type jackets, but I don't think they look strong enough for when you're clambering over barbed wire or pushing through the trash.

Thanks.

try the jack pyke hunter i got one for £50 quid on ebay lightweight waterproof windproof they also do a three in one jaket for around the £140 mark good for summer or winter

Thanks.

try the jack pyke hunter i got one for £50 quid on ebay lightweight waterproof windproof they also do a three in one jaket for around the £140 mark good for summer or winter

Cheap, chinese and not good quality...