usa motion doves convert to pidgeons

some of you may have seen the "crow motion" post, we I followed one of the links to an american hunting site, and duly order one, it was on sale at $9.99 so I ordered another decoy with the spinning wings, with delivery charges it added up to around $45 which when converted, worked out just over £24, not bad I thought,

anyhow, harrythecat recieved his a few days ago, mine was being delivered by a coolie in a canoe :D so took a little longer, but it finally arrived today, very happy with it, although the doves are noticably smaller than our wood pidgeons, Im sure the movement will attract them in, Ive already "tippex'ed" in a white collar on them, as I think this will draw our pidgeons down

a short video of the motion decoy and some pictures, see what you think, you'll hear me shouting to the dog on the video, she wanted to eat the doves

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/eastl...29092009018.flv

post-5267-1254242585_thumb.jpg

post-5267-1254242602_thumb.jpg

You jammy *********, does the flapper fit in the splined part in the midle of the "motor" if you know what I mean?

How much was the flapper without the motion part as I might order another motion with two flappers so I have one for each motion as my brother is after one as well.

Didnt think yours would have come yet with the swell around the cape :whistling:

You jammy *********, does the flapper fit in the splined part in the midle of the "motor" if you know what I mean?

How much was the flapper without the motion part as I might order another motion with two flappers so I have one for each motion as my brother is after one as well.

Didnt think yours would have come yet with the swell around the cape :whistling:

I thought it did when ordering, but on re reading, its a different one (battery op) that fits in the middle, but I'll give it a go anyway, prob as it needs a wind to keep the wings spinning, so no use on windless days

it was around $14.99

have just checked out their website again, and cant find the motion doves anywhere, prehaps they were the end of the line, and a reason for being on sale

the swell around the cape took its toll, as the coolie had frostbite in his toes, I gave him a couple of rabbits and sent him on his way :D