camera advice

budget say100 and fairly small. and want to take say action shots terriers at work and running dogs after qaurry

Hi mate, i think you will struggle tremendously on achieving those sorts of photos on such a meagre budget.

Maybe look on eBay for a bargain??

Well, i am blinkered! I like Canon. But to start with maybe any digital SLR. On such a tight budget you will struggle a bit mate. And even when you get the kit you will still maybe struggle. Everyone who takes class action pics will tell you how hard it is. Honest.It is!. Personally if i were you i would look for a Canon 300D on eBay or eqivalent. Then theres the lens....... :blink:

Good Luck.

Darcy has hit the nail on the head really... I don't know of a compact type camera that will do the job you require. Some of them have adequate zooms, but they all suffer from the same shutter lag problem, and you will miss an awful lot of shots, so best to look for a S/H dslr with a tele zoom lens. I like Canon, but the Nikon D70 was a good camera too... :) maybe look at some of the less popular brands like Samsung or the early Olympus or Sony models?

The nikon D70 was my first camera, its is still a great little camera to learn on. Mine is sitting under my bed and has been for about 3 years, if your interested you can have it without a lens for £50 + postage? I don't know what they are going for on Ebay, but i'd rather it was used and enjoyed. Let me know. ;)

I would suggest starting with a bog standard 18-70mm lens. If your budget allows then try and get a Nikon one as they are massively better than the sigma or similar.

I'll put a memory card in it for you and restore the factor settings. I don't think i still have the manual, but if i can find it i will. I'm sure you could get a manual on ebay or somewhere if not.