70-200mm f/4l which is around £700

Is that supposed to be the IS??,or do you mean the L?.If it's just the ordinary f/4L at that price I'd start shopping somewhere else because at that price it's a friggin rip-off! :icon_eek::blink:

IMH i would only ever buy canon converters, i have tried sigma and they are not as good and, i think, a waste of cash....good luck..

I have a Jessops converter which works perfectly and the AF is spot on,not everyone is made of money like you Darsey! :stinker:

It would seem a pity to splash out on L glass and then nail a bit of Jessop's finest on the end though...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

70-200mm f/4l which is around £700

Is that supposed to be the IS??,or do you mean the L?.If it's just the ordinary f/4L at that price I'd start shopping somewhere else because at that price it's a friggin rip-off! :icon_eek::blink:

IMH i would only ever buy canon converters, i have tried sigma and they are not as good and, i think, a waste of cash....good luck..

I have a Jessops converter which works perfectly and the AF is spot on,not everyone is made of money like you Darsey! :stinker:

It would seem a pity to splash out on L glass and then nail a bit of Jessop's finest on the end though...

take no notice Muttle.....He has much to learn...selwynn is only 14...bless him and his choir boy looks....

I have tried the cheaper versions....they cannot compare

Works well if needed (which is'nt often),you'd be surprised how well.They are made by Tamron so they're not exactly rubbish.Discontinued now I believe.

I'm buggered if I'm going to pay £200 for a Canon.

Stick to the caged birds&mice,stuffed hares and tanked newts you weird little ugly ginger bender Darsey!

Hey...Who's lost his Teddy Bear? :clapper:

Those homophobic comments cut me to the quick!! Nasty man! :tongue2::clapper:

I have read some reviews on the 70 200 lense & i think its going to be what i need for a start i can do macro stuff using it apparently

kay dont listen to these amatures. :tongue2::tongue2:

try out the canon 70/300mm is ..

you wont be dissapointed..

top lens for price..

I have read some reviews on the 70 200 lense & i think its going to be what i need for a start i can do macro stuff using it apparently

top lens for price..

Thank you Byron , so what i want to know now is what is the standard one that comes with the camera going to be good for , or is it just worth me having the 70 200 one & the body ?

top lens for price..

the bin..........

Thank you Byron , so what i want to know now is what is the standard one that comes with the camera going to be good for , or is it just worth me having the 70 200 one & the body ?

top lens for price..

The 18-55 kit lens will be useful at 18mm when you want to take photos of that pretty house by the lake, pylons in the sunset, a wider view of the swans, whacky close up shots of the hounds, trees, groups of people, that kind of thing. At the 55mm end it'll be ok for closer potraits of dogs and people, closer details of trees, flowers and buildings, but you won't be able to get very close to bugs, so they'll be quite small in the picture. Still a very useful lens, lightweight and good for the wider, bigger picture.

Which 70-200 lens were you thinking of getting?