Radio 2

Did anyone hear it today, the basic gist is another go at hunting, i tried to phone in and have my say in defence of hunting....

But to be honest i`me glad i didn't cos if you listen to it it I.M.O. it describes the kind of person that brings hunting into disrepute.

Gangs of Chavs riding round the streets with multiple dogs slipping them on owt that moves, probably the same type of person that then goes home, drinks a crate full of stella, and smokes a load of gear.

Don't people have any respect for their quarry or the area they live in, and whatever happened to doing things quietly and unobtrusively.

Just shows,!!! Make something illegal and it attracts wanna bees, saying look at me i`me ard i`ve got and ard dog and i`me breaking the law...

If you want to listen it starts around 1:34-00 in.

I for one am losing heart in this game as people look at me and tar me with the same brush... :(:(:(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b00mngbj

:( Mars...

Hi,

I heard part of it, I could not listen to any more to be honest - I really wouldnt read too much into it, the topic started off about the rise in urban fox numbers, and in typical Vine/BBC/Radio 2 fashion it soon turned into a one sided, biased discussion. There was not a guest that was trying to be objective, just a couple of opinionated idiots, with a pre-conception of hunting with dogs, full stop regardless of the concept or individuals concerned. As far as I am concerned it was a typical one sided piece of journalism by the BBC.

Cheers,

Tom

I've sent an email telling mr vine how disgusted I am with the way he has portrayed the entire hunting community as a load of blood thirsty chavs. I have also offered to have a live debate with anybody he cares to pitch at me reguarding hunting and the reasons we all participate and to at least put some truth across to joe public about what goes on.

As I have said before it takes one small group of idiots and that's the rest of us tarnished.

Tits like these will help us keep the ban

So what if you hunt in the city or the countryside. Its no crueler the animal still takes the same amount of killing. I think you country folk are quite snobby to the point and think they are better than city folk. Be honest, the majority of dog folk weather lurcher, terrier or hound owners, have poached at one time or another so there no excuse of pest control. We as hunters do it for sport, pest control and food come second. be honest to yourself if noone else. Its sterotyping at its worst and i would have though other hunting folk would have the sense to realise its anti-propaganda bullshit. So they do it more blatent( becuase thats the enviroment city people grow up in - and tell people to f**k off when questioned. Same as hunts tell antis to f**k off. Class difference imo and its the reason hunting is being dismantled "devided we fall".

I liked the comment on the radio where its stated that its just dog fighting where people bet and drink beer :clapper: Never have i seen anyone drinking while "urban hunting" the city folk do it as ritual though, don't they? As for the betting? I know what i would put my money on to win EVERYTIME. Its a f*****g piss take and the sad thing is supposed hunting folk are being brainwashed and steriotryping. Yes there are cruel c**ts fro mthe city, same as there is from the country in all walks of life it doesn't have to be related to hunting. Stop being brainwashed then complaining "why is hunting banned"

And just for the record i generally don't hunt in urban areas, but then kids dont have access to vechiles or would you prefer them to put down the dogs and go robbing cars?

Rant over

I've sent an email telling mr vine how disgusted I am with the way he has portrayed the entire hunting community as a load of blood thirsty chavs. I have also offered to have a live debate with anybody he cares to pitch at me reguarding hunting and the reasons we all participate and to at least put some truth across to joe public about what goes on.

As I have said before it takes one small group of idiots and that's the rest of us tarnished.

Tits like these will help us keep the ban

If he obliges mate let every one know when you will be on, some good folk on here can ring in and fight our corner :thumbs:

So what if you hunt in the city or the countryside. Its no crueler the animal still takes the same amount of killing. I think you country folk are quite snobby to the point and think they are better than city folk. Be honest, the majority of dog folk weather lurcher, terrier or hound owners, have poached at one time or another so there no excuse of pest control. We as hunters do it for sport, pest control and food come second. be honest to yourself if noone else. Its sterotyping at its worst and i would have though other hunting folk would have the sense to realise its anti-propaganda bullshit. So they do it more blatent( becuase thats the enviroment city people grow up in - and tell people to f**k off when questioned. Same as hunts tell antis to f**k off. Class difference imo and its the reason hunting is being dismantled "devided we fall".

I liked the comment on the radio where its stated that its just dog fighting where people bet and drink beer :clapper: Never have i seen anyone drinking while "urban hunting" the city folk do it as ritual though, don't they? As for the betting? I know what i would put my money on to win EVERYTIME. Its a f*****g piss take and the sad thing is supposed hunting folk are being brainwashed and steriotryping. Yes there are cruel c**ts fro mthe city, same as there is from the country in all walks of life it doesn't have to be related to hunting. Stop being brainwashed then complaining "why is hunting banned"

And just for the record i generally don't hunt in urban areas, but then kids dont have access to vechiles or would you prefer them to put down the dogs and go robbing cars?

Rant over

well said as for that toff that goes fox hunting what a 2 faced b1tch she was

That character Jeremy Vine is a whining hand wringing f*****g ninny !

He always tows the BBC common purpose line. Is it a prerequisite to be a public broadcaster at the BBC that you must be a brainwashed new labour clone.

I for one despise the BBC and don't pay my licence fee because of wankers like Vine and especially the news programmes which are complete left wing common purpose propaganda.

The swine flu programme the other night was an absolute disgrace. Complete and utter lies from start to finish.

Rant over

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index...howtopic=120074 :blink::blink: :wacko: :wacko: :doh:

point taken mars, but we were not all born into hunting, most lads live on the edge of majour citys

start by ratting , ferreting , and hunting railway lines , alotments etc , they are not all

skallys , again the bbc gets hyjacked and lies are told many lads pre ban of course dug in back gardens

and waste ground , lamped on estates etc , dont try and take the moral high ground as a lot on this site

are from that back ground some have moved on , but we can not all follow hounds and we get are sport

were and when we can , and act with the up most regard for are qarry ;)

point taken mars, but we were not all born into hunting, most lads live on the edge of majour citys

start by ratting , ferreting , and hunting railway lines , alotments etc , they are not all

skallys , again the bbc gets hyjacked and lies are told many lads pre ban of course dug in back gardens

and waste ground , lamped on estates etc , dont try and take the moral high ground as a lot on this site

are from that back ground some have moved on , but we can not all follow hounds and we get are sport

Gonetoearth, i`me afraid you`ve got me wrong, i am by no means a country gent born into hunting, Quite the opposite in fact,

I probably look like the kind of "Skally" as you described them, that you`d expect to be doing this kind of thing, if not a tad older version, and ageing tattooed skinhead with my very own Bull X ta boot.!!!! :o Lol....

I live on what was at one time the biggest council estate in Europe and i`me not opposed to a bit of, uninvited mooch around convenient land.

And considering i`ve kept working dogs of one form or another for nigh on 30 years, perhaps i`me more old school and i think things should be done quietly and single handed where possible... with respect for your Quarry and respect for the area you live in...

And not go around "Mob Handed, creating enough fuss that a national radio station feels it worthy of a story"

:( Mars

Edited by Mars

Gonetoearth, i`me afraid you`ve got me wrong, i am by no means a country gent born into hunting, Quite the opposite in fact,

I probably look like the kind of "Skally" as you described them, that you`d expect to be doing this kind of thing, if not a tad older version, and ageing tattooed skinhead with my very own Bull X ta boot.!!!! :o Lol....

I live on what was at one time the biggest council estate in Europe and i`me not opposed to a bit of, uninvited mooch around convenient land.

And considering i`ve kept working dogs of one form or another for nigh on 30 years, perhaps i`me more old school and i think things should be done quietly and single handed where possible... with respect for your Quarry and respect for the area you live in...

And not go around "Mob Handed, creating enough fuss that a national radio station feels it worthy of a story"

:( Mars

mars i know ive met you on more than one occasion , this story was in the anti rag the liverpool echo

the bbc is anti to the core they spin things geremy slime is a new labour lovey , yes your right keep things on the qt but

the debate on the radio was one sided as is allways the case, you can not defend some things some times as

the bbc have the moral high ground , but lets not hang are own education is the way forward , ;)